Vito's monblock cleanup

powertripn

Hi guys,question for ya.I just bought a Vito's monoblock that has some piston residue in one of the bores.Is there any way to remove it without boring.The other cylinder is great and I got the piston too so I'm hoping to clean up the one cylinder,buy a piston and be good to go.Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,question for ya.I just bought a Vito's monoblock that has some piston residue in one of the bores.Is there any way to remove it without boring.The other cylinder is great and I got the piston too so I'm hoping to clean up the one cylinder,buy a piston and be good to go.Thanks in advance.

Well post some detailed pics.

But your best bet is to take it to someone that can look at it first hand and let you know if they can clean it up or not and to measure the bores to see if there still round and in spec and nicked or not.

Well post some detailed pics.

But your best bet is to take it to someone that can look at it first hand and let you know if they can clean it up or not and to measure the bores to see if there still round and in spec and nicked or not.

Yea thats what I'm gonna do.By any chance do you have ant experience with these blocks.If so how do they run.

muratic acid dissolves the alum. off of the steel cyl. sleeves.. I just did it this weekend! It does a good job but does take awhile but is well worth it..

My cyl. didn't even need bored after I got the alum. off the cyl. walls

Good luck.

That stuff is wicked nasty though so be careful when using it.

As mentioned earlier, muratic acid will remove the aluminum deposits. Best to have the bores checked with a bore guage though. As far as you question on performance, they can run very well with some work. As cast they are ok but they will take more work than a cub to get big numbers from.

-Brandon