Banshee lunges forward

andrew3160

check your cable adjustment first. if you just replaced the clutch, it will likely need adjusting. also its possible something in the clutch isnt put together right. i went through this with my ninja when the dealer gave me the wrong size clutch plates. also you can check to see if the plates are warped. hope its just the cable.

Actuator is is adjusted right, Clutch cable is adjusted right. Pressure plate and basket have no grooves and are smooth. The cluch disks are about 1/4 worn, springs are within spec. I use Gear Saver 80 weight. Any other ideas?

When I had the cover off and the banshee up on the lift. It would take me a few good tire rotations with the clutch in and in 1st gear to actual loosen the plates.

Did you or someone put a clutch basket on? If so. did you/they re tq the basket nut on to specs? If not. and it gets over tighten, it will fold the washer around and onto the basket. Causing it to catch. Acting like the clutch is not letting go.

80wt oil in 19 degree weather might be part of the problem. does it do it after the bike warms up awhile?

80wt oil in 19 degree weather might be part of the problem. does it do it after the bike warms up awhile?

We retorqed the bolts that go through the springs at 88.8 pounds. Everthing should be to spec. I had everthing out to put a modded shift shaft, springs, and shift star in. I had the lunge problem before I took everthing apart and still have it when everthing is adjusted. I want to say it gets better after riding for a bit but can remember.

We retorqed the bolts that go through the springs at 88.8 pounds. Everthing should be to spec. I had everthing out to put a modded shift shaft, springs, and shift star in. I had the lunge problem before I took everthing apart and still have it when everthing is adjusted. I want to say it gets better after riding for a bit but can remember.

:o The bolts that go through the springs are only tq to 7.4 ft.-lb. There is no way the clutch basket would have held 88.8 ft.-lbs. And the clutch Nut only gets tq to 66ft-lbs.

I consider it normal for the bansshe to do that when the engine is cold. The oil is thick and the clutch plates and fibers are dry. So naturally the fibers and steels drag.

It should not do it when it is fully warmed up. It does take a little bit for the transmission oil to warm up.