studs working out of tire?

bansheejoel

I know im a no body but i only ice race and while i have heard of ppl adding a nut to the back side of the stud from the inside of the tire but just think how much weight that adds when you have approx. 250 - 300 studs per tire( Front and rear). and every 7lbs you can reduce is an added hp. Also the most common tires used are holeshot MX 7's for the front and the rear is Cheng Shin, i have not seen any other rear. But a real good way to not have them come out is to go over them every race. My first few races I didnt go over them every race and when one pulls in the middle of a race you will have one hell of a time in the turns. The spinning of the tires keeps them somewhat expanded but it is still a bitch. Also buy your tires months before the season starts and put them up on the roof or your shop *(garage) or house, the UV rays from the sun helps bake out the pertoleum in the tires and makes them harder instead of being so soft which in turn hold the studs in ALOT better. Good luck with your racing and if ever around WI come for a weekend and race, its a blast!!

damn ya bolted them all too.... i though drilling them was a long prossess haha... that would prevent throwing studs and them backing out... but also adding quite a bit of weight to the tires... (if your looking for that weight savings) lol

the added weight isnt much not enoufgh to noticed and its worth it not worrying about throwing studs all of the time and they dont leak air out fast i can go a month b4 they are flat

• 1 month later...