Powder

bbcmudtruck

Its time to powder my frame. Where are you guys buying your powder from? I have a guy that can powder it for me, but I'm supposed to supply the powder. I'm looking for a very bright metallic blue. How much will I need and are there certain types of powder to look for? ie He said to get polyester powder.?

Its time to powder my frame. Where are you guys buying your powder from? I have a guy that can powder it for me, but I'm supposed to supply the powder. I'm looking for a very bright metallic blue. How much will I need and are there certain types of powder to look for? ie He said to get polyester powder.?

my powder came from columbia coatings. Check out their site. http://www.columbiacoatings.com/

Hey BBC let me know what you find out. I'm thinking about getting mine done too. RML in ottawa ks blasts and coats em. I was thinking about them, maybe we could get a better price if we had two to do at the same time. justabanshee painted his mettallic blue with epoxy primer and paint and it looks good.

Hey Radar, I have a buddy in independence that will hook us up cheap. He said $50 bucks a frame, but we have to blast them and provide the powder. I still figure we can get them done for less than $100 bucks or so. He said he can sand blast smaller items like arms and stuff. I'm waiting on him to get back to me on wether or not he can do a two stage. I will keep you updated.

Definately let me know. Are you gonna do anything to your frame? I still need to do a chromo subframe, I just haven't had time yet. I think I'll do a crazy yellow or green. Don't forget there are candy colors too they look real cool.

Definately let me know. Are you gonna do anything to your frame? I still need to do a chromo subframe, I just haven't had time yet. I think I'll do a crazy yellow or green. Don't forget there are candy colors too they look real cool.

I want in! I have a frame at the minimum that needs powder.

SP

I'm sure he will hook us up, hes a pretty cool guy. He built his own oven and has been experimenting with it a little here an there. He just finished his frame in silver vein and it came out awesome. I'll keep you guys in the loop. I plan on getting mine done before spring. If you guys are in a hurry or want to get it done before then, I will just hook you guys up with his contact info.

I dont even know how much powder it would take to do a frame. I guess that would be a good question too? I'll do some searching and see if I can find what color I want and get on it. We are going to LS march 20 th and april 10th. Might not have enough time before then to do it.

He said it depends on the powder. I'm going with a translucent blue with an extreme chrome base coat. I will need 3lbs of blue and 1.5lbs of chrome. If your going to do a single stage I thinks its around 1.5-2 lbs. Let me know what color when your ready to order and I will ask him to be sure.

He said it depends on the powder. I'm going with a translucent blue with an extreme chrome base coat. I will need 3lbs of blue and 1.5lbs of chrome. If your going to do a single stage I thinks its around 1.5-2 lbs. Let me know what color when your ready to order and I will ask him to be sure.

My boy is in the process of tearing his bike down to the frame. He only has the steering stem and the swing arm to take off and it is bare. He doesn't work on it much unless I am home.

We aren't in any hurry. He isn't gonna be ready for a bike that big for a couple of years! Lol! I am sure he'll be riding it long before he is ready!

Do you have to prep the parts for this cat or does he do it?

SP