Whats with these jets?

Mast372MIND

Hey guys,

Need help ASAP. I normally buy jets from jetsrus.com, but I wanted to get some 320s for rejetting today so I went to a Yamaha dealer. I have stock carbs and every size from 260-330, except for the 320s. So anyways, I go in and ask for some and he brings some out. They are the normal hex head jets and they have an identical hex head size and thread pattern to all of the other jets I have. Only difference is that the number is written on the side of the hex head rather than on the top like my others. Instead of just saying "320", they say "320RD" on the side. I also noticed that the beveling is different on the jet throat (viewing from top of hex head) than my others. All of the other jets I have use a larger (wider) bevel. However, the throat of the jet seems to be the right size (it is between the sizes of the 310s and 330s that I have).

Are these jets just off brand? Are they okay to use? Will the different bevel make it perform different that the normal 320s?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Rob

I think that the jets that come through the Yamaha parts system have the RD on them as I have some that actually came with my bike new that are that way.

What jets sizes are they? The dealer could have also jetted the banshees that they sold. That way they were not selling new banshee's that run like crap.

What jets sizes are they? The dealer could have also jetted the banshees that they sold. That way they were not selling new banshee's that run like crap.

My bike came with 200s in it and there was a plastic bag that had 190s,210s,220s,and 230s, they were all like that. It could be Yamaha is buying knock off jets because they are cheaper.

Edited by bansheesandrider

They are EBC RD Precision Main Jets

http://www.powerpacequipment.com/eshopprod_cat_6246-27040_prodtree_370-282-286_product_882465.EBC_BRAKES_RD_PRECISION_MAIN_J.htm

Here is a pic of mikuni small round main jet. It has the Box with in a box. That is mikuni's trademark. I doubt yamaha sends the banshee out of the factory with genuine Mikuni carbs and Knock off jets.

small-round-main-jet-miku.jpg