wiseco pistons?

09BansheeUAE

Hello again guys, i was wondering about puttin wiseco pistons on my 'Shee i got K&N Dual filters and Toomey T5 Full exhaust system n its jetted.

are wiseco pistons more reliable than the stock pistons?

and how much whp would it give me?

pistons alone are not going to give you a hp increase. yes, wiseco are much better than stock pistons. unless youre ready to rebuild, there is no reason to put in new pistons.

Get your cylinders ported if you want a major hp boost,and as long as you build it right reliability will not be an issue.

how much will that cost?

im gonna mod my bike at a place im not gonna do anything on my own im too scared to touch the inner engine cuz i know ill mess it up.

check out the 'shee of the place im gonna mod my banshee at www.youtube.com/wheresmysoul

look for the vid with "drag banshee walkaround" title thats their drag banshee, mines the one in the other 2 vids.

It depends on who does it and what kind of port job it is, probably between $200 and $600 US plus shipping. You need to make sure the port job is matched to your riding style, where you ride and the other mods you have done or are going to do. Remember, you grt what you pay for when it comes to porting and UPS and FedEx ship worldwide. You can also increase your compression by milling your stock head or replacing it with a Cool Head by Noss, ModQuad or several others. You can bump your timing to +4 by either slotting the factory stator plate or buying a plate from Chariot Performance on Ebay, just don't get a cast plate from Ricky Stator. You can also put Boyesen reeds on the stock cages or replace the cages with V Force 3s. If money is an issue, then get your sytock head cut, slot your stator plate yourself and put some Boyesen reeds on your stock cages, you should be able to do this for about $150. If money is no object, then buy a cool head, stator plate and V force 3 reeds, this will probably be about $600. I would do these mods before you port it and they will compliment the porting when you get it done.They are external mods and then ride it until it needs to a top end rebuild and then you can pull your cylinders, have them ported and bored and put in the Wiseco pistons that you want. You should always rejet whenever you modify anything on the motor, exhaust or fuel system. You should not be afraid of working on your bike, get a GOOD shop manual and follow it. That way when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you will be able to figure it out and get back home.

Edited by bansheesandrider

It depends on who does it and what kind of port job it is, probably between $200 and $600 US plus shipping. You need to make sure the port job is matched to your riding style, where you ride and the other mods you have done or are going to do. Remember, you grt what you pay for when it comes to porting and UPS and FedEx ship worldwide. You can also increase your compression by milling your stock head or replacing it with a Cool Head by Noss, ModQuad or several others. You can bump your timing to +4 by either slotting the factory stator plate or buying a plate from Chariot Performance on Ebay, just don't get a cast plate from Ricky Stator. You can also put Boyesen reeds on the stock cages or replace the cages with V Force 3s. If money is an issue, then get your sytock head cut, slot your stator plate yourself and put some Boyesen reeds on your stock cages, you should be able to do this for about $150. If money is no object, then buy a cool head, stator plate and V force 3 reeds, this will probably be about $600. I would do these mods before you port it and they will compliment the porting when you get it done.They are external mods and then ride it until it needs to a top end rebuild and then you can pull your cylinders, have them ported and bored and put in the Wiseco pistons that you want. You should always rejet whenever you modify anything on the motor, exhaust or fuel system. You should not be afraid of working on your bike, get a GOOD shop manual and follow it. That way when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you will be able to figure it out and get back home.

thanks alot, ill try to learn as much as i can i dont know much about the inner engine thats what i wanna learn.

is cool head a must if i wanna port it?

i ride in desert like places, long straight roads, trail riding..etc... i do everything from driving illegally in roads to climbing 500 ft high dunes, so i need mods that wont swallow my Fuel, i got K&N dual' filters and a toomey t5 exhaust system

almost anthing you do that requires new jetts, will change your fuel useage some. if you do a port or bigger bore you will use more fuel. if you want hp, you have to pay to play. i have alot of external bolt on, and have a bore done. i can ride a 40 mile trail ride and play alond the way on a tank of gas.