banshee backwires at WOT or POPS

x_doug_x

ok, so i put this banshee together, v force 3's, boss intake"sealed before i put it on with yamabond" 34mm pj's , posd, wiseco forged pistons, ported cylinders, and chariot aluminum timing plate... built this thing about a year ago put it on the dyno and haven't rode it since.......

well when it was on the dyno i did 3 or 4 pulls, we dropped the jets down about 4 sizes. the guy who owned the dyno said that was still a little rich, but i don't think he knew what he was talking about, anyways on the last pull it started popping at WOT, i thought maybe it was just running out of gas. i haven't rode the thing since i built it. today a changed the jets, and went up 4 sizes, and put everything back together "148s" and a kid that's wanting to trade me a vr4 for it came over and test rode it. i heard it pop when he was at wot on the road infront of my house, any ideas? i don't "think" there are air leaks, but i guess i can get some carb/choke cleaner crank it up and spray the outside of the carbs and see if it rev's up.

it was running +6 timing with a chariot aluminum timing plate when it was on the dyno, since then i have read here that was too much, so i dropped it down to +4

It's either spark or fuel related I'd think. Have you tried to do a plug chop on it?

Warm it up on the plugs that are in it now, then switch plugs and try a plug chop.

i haven't done a plug chop, i haven't changed plugs, all i have done since it came off the dyno, was back the timing back down to plus 4 and change the jets from 142s to 148s today.....

i haven't rode it or done anything, today was the first time i have heard it run. and it was just so that kid could test ride it, theres no where to ride it around here.

Edited by x_doug_x

Check your coil and spark plug wires, mine was doing the same thing, it was only at WOT too... ended up finding that the coil wires (orange and black connected to the coil box) weren't making full contact, i pushed those on there, gave them a pinch with some plyers and the popping stopped right away.