A COUPLE MOTOR BUILDING QUESTIONS

tecateman

to those who have built a motor,piece by piece,trans and all... how long should it take?

if i get 421 cub or vitos cylinders for a 4 mil... theres no machining needed just instal stroker,bolt on cylinders, and order head and domes for it?

also how is the reliability on aftermarket cylinders versus just a stock cylinder stroker?

sorry if its alot to answer but im new to the banshee world and want to build my shee piece by piece from the frame up like i did with my tecate.

btw i have learned a ton already on this site and have been eyeing up the sponsors pages for parts.

If you end up with a cub, don't skimp out on porting the cases. To answer your question on whether or not to build a 421 cub or a stock cylinder 4mil, you need to tell us what kind of riding your going to do. Either build you choose should be reliable. You need to pick a quality builder to port your motor for the 4mil and your set.

im in south jersey and theres no dunes but i guess it would be simillar setup. wide open pits hills sand,dirt,some trails although i wont do any tight stuff. of course drag racing but not at competition level just a play bike i guess that i can still turn with lol but kick all 4 strokes asses haha.

im 6ft 240 and i like climbing hills and not always having to be at high rpms to get it rollin so i need some good midrange and torque to pull my big ass haha.

thanks guys and once i get my plans on my build set ill start building and take pics.

im in south jersey and theres no dunes but i guess it would be simillar setup. wide open pits hills sand,dirt,some trails although i wont do any tight stuff. of course drag racing but not at competition level just a play bike i guess that i can still turn with lol but kick all 4 strokes asses haha.

im 6ft 240 and i like climbing hills and not always having to be at high rpms to get it rollin so i need some good midrange and torque to pull my big ass haha.

thanks guys and once i get my plans on my build set ill start building and take pics.

Sounds to me like a 4mm Play/Dune port would be MUCH more fun for your type of riding and less money!

fast ive seen videos of your 4mils and i know they definitely roll! the thing is moneywise im building from scratch so i gotta buy cylinders anyway. it might take me awhile since im outta work but if i can b uy a piece here and a piece there,in the long run,i think ill be much happier.

i want to go aftermarket on almost every part even it takes a yr to build. i really enjoyed building my last bike like that and the pride that comes with it when your done.

if you have any advice id really appreciate it!

I agree with Jeff, a set of dune ported 4mil stockers is going to be the best bet for your riding style and wallet. People post up good deals on low bore non ported cylinders all of the time, or any of us builders can supply a set. For roughly the same price as just the cub block you could have a fresh ported stock cylinder setup with pistons ready to install. The cubs have a very "peaky" power delivery and are more suited to a drag type engine. The stock cylinders can be tailored to give you just about any power delivery much easier.

-Brandon

Nice, mine are KR Tuned, thing walled stainless headers back to dual carbonfiber cans that look very similar to yours....i'd post a pic if i could figure out how to shrink them down LOL

upload your picture from your computer to photobucket.com

then once that is done copy the IMG code and paste it directly into your post.

Where you at in South Jersey? Where do you usually ride?