Just got my very own banshee!

As the Title states, I just traded my yz426 for an 89 banshee with ups that are located in my signature, it will be a primary dune bike and was wondering if there was anything i should replace just to avoid any hassle. I will be using the 927 2stroke oil at a ratio of 32:1 for this bike, Any help is greatly appreciated and I will get some pics up of her as soon as it stops raining!

welcome to HQ bro :cheers:

there are tons of things that could be replaced, but that doesnt mean they need to be. how does the bike feel? nice and tight? no weird noises, popping, etc? its always good to check front wheel bearings and axle play. id check it over and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. other than that, have fun riding it!

welcome to HQ bro :cheers:

there are tons of things that could be replaced, but that doesnt mean they need to be. how does the bike feel? nice and tight? no weird noises, popping, etc? its always good to check front wheel bearings and axle play. id check it over and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. other than that, have fun riding it!

actually the bike is really nice for its age, no weird noises, and the front axle has no play whatsoever actually checked that part out before we did the trade, im just thinking of things that on the older banshees became a problem, im going to be replacing the rear sprocket/chain and the stock waterpump to a billet pump, and from there just trying to keep the matenance side of things working good so i can get the full life out of her. anything i should change for the desert such as to a larger radiator or anything of that nature?

actually the bike is really nice for its age, no weird noises, and the front axle has no play whatsoever actually checked that part out before we did the trade, im just thinking of things that on the older banshees became a problem, im going to be replacing the rear sprocket/chain and the stock waterpump to a billet pump, and from there just trying to keep the matenance side of things working good so i can get the full life out of her. anything i should change for the desert such as to a larger radiator or anything of that nature?

No need for a larger radiator right now you'll be fine, But for sure change the impeller and fill the radiator with Engine Ice instead of regular antifreeze and you might want to pick up a set of paddles. Other then that you should be fine. Ride it like you stole it. And by the way if you need to buy anything check out our site sponsers they're a bunch of kick ass dudes and their customer service cant be beat.:headbang:

No need for a larger radiator right now you'll be fine, But for sure change the impeller and fill the radiator with Engine Ice instead of regular antifreeze and you might want to pick up a set of paddles. Other then that you should be fine. Ride it like you stole it. And by the way if you need to buy anything check out our site sponsers they're a bunch of kick ass dudes and their customer service cant be beat.:headbang:

definately grab a case saver!!!!!!!!!!