Rebuild Works Shocks

yamaha04

hey guys i bough some shocks on eBay about 2 years ago Works Dual Rate with remote rezzys. so i put them on and sure enough they leaked oil around the shaft . i couldn't tell when i got them but as soon as i put them on and worked them the oil started to leak. so. it seems to me back when i got them i was told that it would be stupid to rebuild them and that for the price of it i could just get new shocks. has there been any good places open up that does good work and is reasonable. Works themselves are a bitch to get ahold of . so next question is. what are the shocks and rezzys actually filled with is there a way to buy a seal kit and rebuild yourself then fin a place to recharge them?

Try to find some local builders if you can. Go to a 4X4 shop and see if they have someone that can rebuild them or know of someone that can. Try the local moto shops as well. But if you can, try to get the seal head and nylon ring to help save you on price flucking. Or see if the local shop can get them at a better price. Most shops will charge around $100 pair for just the rebuild but not the parts.

Here is another place to get your shocks rebuild from as well. Have not had anyone send to them yet. But your best bet is to use google and search for atv shock rebuilding and just call them.

I never had any problem getting it touch with Works. They just called me yesterday to let me know that they got my shock and to give me an estimate. They've answered the phone everytime that I've called and always returned my calls pretty much right away. Maybe your calling them at the wrong time as they are on the west coast. But from my experience they are pretty aight.

You don't need ANY special tools for works steelers,they are the easiest shocks to rebuild.call their tech line and inquire about their kits.I paid 80 bucks for seals and a new revalve kit.the valve is made up of check balls and specially weighted springs.Easy to do if you have some mechanical aptitude.The only thing i sent them out for was recharging.Just follow the steps when adding the oil,so they don't have to open up the shocks again.

I paid 120 for new seals ,valves ,upper/lower mounting bushings and spacers for setting the dual rates.

Edited by bigborebanshee

I have some works dual rates on my shee to only they have the piggyback ressis. One of them also leaks and they dont look gook at all the springs are rusty. Anyway i havnt had a chance to jump it yet and im wondering how they do and if its even worth rebuilding them or just getting some yfz shocks on ebay instead. I really like jumping so which is best. Also if i dont rebuild them what do you think i could get for them on craigslist? thanks