4mil 421 95 horsepower?

Gman-7m

Hi, any one please share your input on this topic, is that possible to put out that high of horse power?,( 94hp 50lb of torque, air fuel ratio @ 13to1 to be exact) 35kehins, 4mil h/r crank, locally ported vito's cylinders, 185 compression, 110 race gas, o/ride, lock out, timing @ 10, cool head and out of frame pipes, being so close to 100, what do you guys think it will take to get there away from alky.

The 421 I have played on ran strong, and I'm guessing over 80HP by the way it packed my ass up sand mountain.

It was drag ported by K&T, runs on pump gas, CPI small bore inframe pipes, K&T intake, +6 on the timing, 35MM TM carbs. He has since put OOF pipes on it, and claims it pulls even harder.

How are you going to judge the HP? If we are talking about dyno numbers, the numbers on the sheet are just a guess, not "real" numbers. The dyno is nothing more than a tune/comparison tool. They all read different, and there are ways to make your numbers look better than they are, or worse than they are.

The 421 I have played on ran strong, and I'm guessing over 80HP by the way it packed my ass up sand mountain.

It was drag ported by K&T, runs on pump gas, CPI small bore inframe pipes, K&T intake, +6 on the timing, 35MM TM carbs. He has since put OOF pipes on it, and claims it pulls even harder.

How are you going to judge the HP? If we are talking about dyno numbers, the numbers on the sheet are just a guess, not "real" numbers. The dyno is nothing more than a tune/comparison tool. They all read different, and there are ways to make your numbers look better than they are, or worse than they are.

I am not judging the horse power since this engine was creating that much horses at about 10,000rpm's, all in all, I rather have dyno numbers as a base for any further tuning, then just a guess, thanks for the response and you are right the dyno is just a tuning tool.....

Mine puts out 91.6hp and 53 lbft torque on 110 gas at 4500 feet. :cheers:

Thanks for your response and by the way that is one good looking Drag shee. Now, being that you have 38mm carbs, is that where the extra torque comes from?.

The real good 421 cubs ported by the better builders make about 95 on gas with inframes and 97 with out of frames. On alky with different domes, more timing and tuning they are in the 110-114 range and 59-62 foot lbs of torque, so i would think the vitos could do 100hp on alky.

Edited by RadarRacing

The real good 421 cubs ported by the better builders make about 95 on gas with inframes and 97 with out of frames. On alky with different domes, more timing and tuning they are in the 110-114 range and 59-62 foot lbs of torque, so i would think the vitos could do 100hp on alky.

Very well said and dead on with our findings, if anyone tells you otherwise i think they are full of **** or have manipulated the dyno.