drag stock frame

nitrious cub

i was wondering if anyone could post pics of there drag cut stock frames i have been cutting mine up and will be replacing allot parts with chromoly when i buy the chromoly i am also going to do my front motor mounts and bottom i know a good weight is around 35lbs? and 30 lbs with chromoly parts? o yeah it has to be able to handle whoops for hill shooting. i wil post pic later today of what i have got done so far.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do a lot of big whoops I would leave the cross-tube between the shocks in there. The up-tubes from the upper-a-arm mount to the main frame runners help keep everything up front solid if you compress your shocks a lot. I kept 1 of them and removed the other on my frame, but I still plan to jump with mine and pile into dunes a lot. lol

If you do a lot of big whoops I would leave the cross-tube between the shocks in there. The up-tubes from the upper-a-arm mount to the main frame runners help keep everything up front solid if you compress your shocks a lot. I kept 1 of them and removed the other on my frame, but I still plan to jump with mine and pile into dunes a lot. lol

Mine is a full drag quad but i will be hill shooting it also and i go through whoops but not to crazy whoops. I guess for the cross over tube i will be using chrom moly tubing 1/2'' and .058 or .035 thick with holes drilled through it.

Thats what i did was put a piece of .058 half inch tubing in between the upper shock mounts. Still need to do the sub when i get a chance. It takes a lot of grinding and cutoff wheels to do em nice. I used a 4.5" flapwheel in the angle grinder to finish off the grinds and it makes it nice and smooth for paint or powder.

Chassis was built by Paul Zigelbauer.. AKA "Ziggy" over on ATVdragracers.com It weight 235 wet. This chassis is VERY compact.. I know.. the rear shock is too long.. This was after I just got it together.. I got a shorter shock on it now so its not a high rider in the rear.

P4180003.jpg

P4180001.jpg

P4180002.jpg

And to keep things on track.. Another pic of my Tyson cut chassis. This one shows what all was cut out of the front a lil better.

P2070059.jpg

Chassis was built by Paul Zigelbauer.. AKA "Ziggy" over on ATVdragracers.com It weight 235 wet. This chassis is VERY compact.. I know.. the rear shock is too long.. This was after I just got it together.. I got a shorter shock on it now so its not a high rider in the rear.

P4180003.jpg

P4180001.jpg

P4180002.jpg

And to keep things on track.. Another pic of my Tyson cut chassis. This one shows what all was cut out of the front a lil better.

P2070059.jpg

cool thanks for the pics! and the pics of your after market frame will also help out allot tose motor mounts are like the ones im thinking of makeing im just waiting for all my chrom moly to get here