Hauler Upgrade

Fullthrottle02

I currently have 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers i bought last spring for what was then a stock bike, unexpectedly needed a rebuild, so I sent the cylinder off the HJR. Last time I was at the dunes I was just blowing the tires off.

I do mostly trails and hill climbs, but when i get out on the strip occasionally I get blown away out of the gate and have to run everyone down.

What can I step up to that will still allow me to play around like I do, but hook up a lot better at the strip? Should I stay at a 20 " tire and just increase the # paddles or up size to a 21" or 22" tire? If I up size should I also increase the # of paddles as well.

As of right now I'm thinking a 20x10x10 10 paddle to utilize my wheels, but I'm not against an entirely new setup.

Banshee is a stock stroke, stock cylinder, dune ported, cool head w/20cc domes, chariot cages with boyseen reeds, pods, T5's, but will be purchasing rockets or cpi's in near future, and just changed back to stock gearing.

I've spent all morning looking at other threads and am at a loss, I don't want to over paddle, but I'm under paddled right now.

Thanks - Josh

• 4 months later...

i know its a old thread but 20-10-8 8 paddle hauler would work perfect for play and drag

Ur getting smoked because the 10 inch tire has no sidewall ,so that means no grip and u just dig a hole before u leave the line

the 8 inch tire is more bouncy ,floats on top of sand ,so when u drag race the tire stays on top the sand instead of acting like a anchor like the 10 inch tire

i know its a old thread but 20-10-8 8 paddle hauler would work perfect for play and drag

Ur getting smoked because the 10 inch tire has no sidewall ,so that means no grip and u just dig a hole before u leave the line

the 8 inch tire is more bouncy ,floats on top of sand ,so when u drag race the tire stays on top the sand instead of acting like a anchor like the 10 inch tire

That really isn't whats goin on.. lol With the smaller rims you get a bigger contact patch (footprint).. Keep in mind when you get the larger RO tires with the smaller rims the bellyroll of the tires makes it harder to slide then the same size tire with larger rims. 10" are my favorite for dune/play riding.

ok he asked what would be a good setup for better drag racing and can still dune play

so i said 20-10-8

smaller rim like u said ,means more contact patch because the tire balloons out more then a 20-10-10

a 20-10-10 is to flat even with 4 pounds they don't balloon out enough to stay afloat for drag racing for a quick launch out the hole

i ran 20-10-10's and 20-10-8;s on my trx250r with a built 310 motor and the 10 inch 8 paddles haulers dont jump out the hole quick enough and then i got to play catch up

then slapped the 20-10-8 8 paddle hauler and i would jump the line quicker and stay in the front of the pack

he's banshee setup should have no problem pulling a 8 inch rim with 8 paddle haulers for dune and drag

shit my little 310 motor pulled that and 180 around on top of dune with my fat arse on it (250ibs)

more bouncy?? Lol

ok he asked what would be a good setup for better drag racing and can still dune play

so i said 20-10-8

smaller rim like u said ,means more contact patch because the tire balloons out more then a 20-10-10

a 20-10-10 is to flat even with 4 pounds they don't balloon out enough to stay afloat for drag racing for a quick launch out the hole

i ran 20-10-10's and 20-10-8;s on my trx250r with a built 310 motor and the 10 inch 8 paddles haulers dont jump out the hole quick enough and then i got to play catch up

then slapped the 20-10-8 8 paddle hauler and i would jump the line quicker and stay in the front of the pack

he's banshee setup should have no problem pulling a 8 inch rim with 8 paddle haulers for dune and drag

shit my little 310 motor pulled that and 180 around on top of dune with my fat arse on it (250ibs)

I'll make it short and sweet.. Its all about Roll out.. I'll leave it at that.. I dont feel like going into detail.

By the way.. You dont air up a tire to increase its flotation ability.

I have the same damb problem if i stop on a hill. my builder said 22+10+8 at three pounds is the onle way to go bellow 80hp on a shee i try my first set of 22's this weekend so ill let you know how they worked and what gearing.

more bouncy?? Lol

I'll make it short and sweet.. Its all about Roll out.. I'll leave it at that.. I dont feel like going into detail.

By the way.. You dont air up a tire to increase its flotation ability.

hay dude ,no reason to bash on my word bouncy

ya i know about roll out ,tire expands at high speed but theres certain measurments of roll outs ....blah blah and list go's on

and i always thought the 8 inch rim with a 21 or 22 inch tires give the best roll out even the little 20's give a little roll out

and wat i mean by bouncy is the 8 rim with a 20 ,21 or 22 inch tire has more flex so basically what im saying is roll out

if u got more info on the ROLL OUT and how it works ,fire away my friend ,im here to learn and theres tons of other people that want to learn stuff too ,thats what a forum is right ???