bent steering stem

Did you bend the steering stem, or the A-Pillar that holds the stem. In most cases the A-Pillar that sits in front of your gas tank, and has the upper support mounts for the steering stem is the weaker of the two and will bend back against the gas tank, and often-times bending the mount itself thats welded to the A-Pillar. Pull your front plastics off and take a good look at your frame and see if its the frame or the stem thats bent. I'd wager a guess that if you bent the stem, you definitely bent the frame.

Yep I agree. The steering hoop seems to be even weaker than the stem. In my case my crash bent both the stem and the hoop and then some. Just save up $40 and get one off ebay and have a look at the frame. I've seen the stems go for as little as $10 before. You can have my old stem if you want lol J/K

Did you bend the steering stem, or the A-Pillar that holds the stem. In most cases the A-Pillar that sits in front of your gas tank, and has the upper support mounts for the steering stem is the weaker of the two and will bend back against the gas tank, and often-times bending the mount itself thats welded to the A-Pillar. Pull your front plastics off and take a good look at your frame and see if its the frame or the stem thats bent. I'd wager a guess that if you bent the stem, you definitely bent the frame.

im almost certain i didnt bend the frame in any way and its just the stem is bent. also how do i get those 2 ball joints out that connect to the bottom of the steering stem.

im almost certain i didnt bend the frame in any way and its just the stem is bent. also how do i get those 2 ball joints out that connect to the bottom of the steering stem.

Just unthread the nuts to the end of the threads and hit them with a hammer. They should come off. If not spray some wd-40 or pb blast on them and try again.

Just unthread the nuts to the end of the threads and hit them with a hammer. They should come off. If not spray some wd-40 or pb blast on them and try again.

ok but wouldint that ruin the threads? and this is a little off topic but what kind of a arms and front suspension do u have? it looks sick.

ok but wouldint that ruin the threads? and this is a little off topic but what kind of a arms and front suspension do u have? it looks sick.

it won't wreck the threads if you unthread the nuts to the end of the thread before you start smashing it with a hammer. Trust me!

My front end is from a 2007 YFZ 450. I did the conversion last year for under $250 and I don't really have too many complaints about it. Much better than stock any way!

I have a hard time believing you bent just the stem and not the frame. The stem is attached at the top and the bottom, making it stationary (with the exception of rotation) against the frame. To bend the stem you'd have to do SOMETHING to the frame. I bet you've got paint cracking off your A-pillar right above the factory gussets that hold your upper pipe mounts...

If you did somehow manage to bend just the stem, congrats. That's impressive. Post pics.

I have a hard time believing you bent just the stem and not the frame. The stem is attached at the top and the bottom, making it stationary (with the exception of rotation) against the frame. To bend the stem you'd have to do SOMETHING to the frame. I bet you've got paint cracking off your A-pillar right above the factory gussets that hold your upper pipe mounts...

If you did somehow manage to bend just the stem, congrats. That's impressive. Post pics.

Oh he bent it! :headbang:

I agree!

Hell, i dont think ive ever seen a Banshee that is or hasn't in the past had the steering stem hoop bent. Even just a quick roll over lightly will bend it for sure. Shit is cheap as hell made from the factory.

Mines all gusseted up now so its strong as all hell.