Finally got one!

-Herbie-

New to the site. Been looking for a banshee for months. Trying to find a good deal on the cheap. Guy posted one on craislist yesterday and i bought it last night. Its a titled 97 in good mechanical condition. everything is tight, frame is straight bearings good etc. only issue is it doesn't idle i have to stay in it to keep it going. it sat for about a year before i got it

it idles if i hold in the choke, it screams mid - top and feels great. i was thinking i should drain the old fuel pull & clean the carbs & see if thats the issue. any othe suggestions?

2ylo9lg.jpg

Congrats bro!! Looks like the bike is in pretty good shape!!

I would pull the carbs, clean them, AND make sure you have the right jetting. Most people have some sort of issue getting the bike jetted right, and that's where most of the problems on these bikes start. If you post up what mods it has, what kind of filter/airbox setup you have, and what altitude and temps your riding at we can get you pretty darn close of what mains and pilots you should be running. Good luck with the bike!!!

Congrats bro!! Looks like the bike is in pretty good shape!!

I would pull the carbs, clean them, AND make sure you have the right jetting. Most people have some sort of issue getting the bike jetted right, and that's where most of the problems on these bikes start. If you post up what mods it has, what kind of filter/airbox setup you have, and what altitude and temps your riding at we can get you pretty darn close of what mains and pilots you should be running. Good luck with the bike!!!

thanks for the tips. monday i plan to pull the carbs & clean them with air & cleaner. it has a dirty k&n filter, .20 over wiseco pistons std. compression, airbox lid on, fmf gold pipes + powercore 2 silencers and that's about it. its about 30 degrees here right now and im at 600ft. im gonna have to find instructions on jetting this bike, got my yfz jetting changes down to about 10min.

Got it for $1000, hope to build it up to a mild dune machine

thanks for the tips. monday i plan to pull the carbs & clean them with air & cleaner. it has a dirty k&n filter, .20 over wiseco pistons std. compression, airbox lid on, fmf gold pipes + powercore 2 silencers and that's about it. its about 30 degrees here right now and im at 600ft. im gonna have to find instructions on jetting this bike, got my yfz jetting changes down to about 10min.

Got it for $1000, hope to build it up to a mild dune machine

That's a damn good deal, where are ya located? If your out west that's an especially good deal. I think, but don't quote me, you should probably be running a 260 main and 25.5 pilot. I used to run the same setup, but it's been a while, if you post up over on the jetting forum somebody should be able to get you spot on. Also, you may want to invest in a carb synch tool, I used to do my carbs without, but after I bought one, Ive been able to get them dead on, and I notice I have to mess with them a lot loss.

It's basically just a flow meter that helps you get the slides and crab top adjustments to match up 100%.

Good luck with the bike, keep us posted on your build status!!!!

nice bike man, im gonna look for some black plastics they look sweet, welcome to your new addiction and it is an addiction i just got a 30 day notice cause im puttin all my cash into the shee instead of rent :rotflmao: i guess ill have to wait acouple weeks to get her going again bangheadbanghead

nice looking bike. you got a really good deal at that price. id say your on the right track with cleaning carbs and air filter and changing gas. throw some new plugs in it while your at it. also make sure your carb slides are rising up at the same time when you pull the throttle. have fun and welcome to the site

complete disassembled both carbs and thuroughly cleaned them. put the throttle valves in wrong first time around and it started WO :whoa: figured out later how those are supposed to be installed, anyway now it runs great! jetting is off a little bit for the winter but all i wanted to do is make sure it runs before tear down. Now its down to frame, suspension and motor. Trying to track down parts for revuild now.

ev17yf.jpg