Throttle is too light..TOO LIGHT!

i just got a 09 banshee, its almost 1 month old and im realy a newbie about this stuff but i just got a Pipe on it Toomey T-5's and thats it got no other mods other than pipes its bone stock.

and while i was on the dunes with my friends suddenly i felt the throttle response changing and got real;y really light i mean very very light i would say i could push with blowing air outa my mouth.

Was my first time drivin with those pipes on my banshee ( have drivin other banshee's with T5's for about 5 months ) n im only 15...

And it hits the powerband super fassttt like i cant drive it for real....uncontrolled So please any advice?

yah it rev's and realy high rev's, and by rejet do u mean set that thing on the carbs? the L and R screw's?

banghead

No thats not what he means, he means change the jets in the bottom of the carbs. if you dont you will blow up the motor. do not run it anymore until you do. Install some 280 mains if you are using a foam air filter in the stock air box with the snorkel removed. (this is assuming a sea level elevation)

banghead

No thats not what he means, he means change the jets in the bottom of the carbs. if you dont you will blow up the motor. do not run it anymore until you do. Install some 280 mains if you are using a foam air filter in the stock air box with the snorkel removed. (this is assuming a sea level elevation)

so that means i have to buy and install jets?...

can u tell me how much they cost please?

and is it okay if i run it with the stock foam filter or do i have to get K&N

Dammit im soo pissed!!

YES! anytime you increase airflow in/out of the engine you are going to need more fuel to go with it. the reason your bike was reving so fast/high is because you were running a lean air/fuel mix i.e. not enough fuel. jets are what controls the amount of fuel drawn into the engine. the jets are only a few bucks apiece depending on where you get them. I'm assuming you're new to bikes but its easy to change them out you just unscrew the bowls off the carbs and the main jet is that big brass nut looking thing in the middle. unscrew the old one put in the new ones and you're done...you will probably be ok with the pilots you have

I GUESS you could run a stock airbox/filter but you're really gonna be choking those new pipes you put on. Get a UNI or K&N filter (UNI's are cheaper) and run without the airbox lid

YES! anytime you increase airflow in/out of the engine you are going to need more fuel to go with it. the reason your bike was reving so fast/high is because you were running a lean air/fuel mix i.e. not enough fuel. jets are what controls the amount of fuel drawn into the engine. the jets are only a few bucks apiece depending on where you get them. I'm assuming you're new to bikes but its easy to change them out you just unscrew the bowls off the carbs and the main jet is that big brass nut looking thing in the middle. unscrew the old one put in the new ones and you're done...you will probably be ok with the pilots you have

I GUESS you could run a stock airbox/filter but you're really gonna be choking those new pipes you put on. Get a UNI or K&N filter (UNI's are cheaper) and run without the airbox lid

might put a K&N filter and gonna let a mechanic manage the jets n tell him 2 teach me stuff about them... and thanks for your help...im gonna clean the carbs too might be the needle

might put a K&N filter and gonna let a mechanic manage the jets n tell him 2 teach me stuff about them... and thanks for your help...im gonna clean the carbs too might be the needle

sounds like a plan K&N makes a good product but really if you have ANY experience turning wrenches dont pay a mechanic to change your jets. Like i mentioned before, take your carbs off your bike (screw-style clamps hold the hoses on either side of the carbs), then turn them upside down and there will be 4 phillips screws on the bottom that hold the bowl on. after you take the screws out and remove the bowl, you will see the main jet right in the middle all you have to do is take a socket or crescent wrench and take out the old ones and put in the new ones. anytime you access them its always a good idea to blow out all the openings with compressed air especially the pilot jets. repeat steps in reverse and you're done.

also, every banshee owner should have a service manual. there is a decent one you can download for free in the repairs/mods forum or you can buy one online. it will tell you how to do everything step by step from something simple (like changing jets) to a complete engine rebuild

Thanks for the guide and i really have no experience :S so i think it would be best to ask a mechanic and my friend is experience and im gona ask him to clean to clean my carbs and yah...im only 15 as i mentioned before soo thats why i lack experience :S.

banghead

Thanks rubberneck, thats what i was talking about.

When you take the carbs apart be sure not to mix up the bowls they are different, and don't lose the balance tube its the small black hose that goes between the carbs.

Thanks for the guide and i really have no experience :S so i think it would be best to ask a mechanic and my friend is experience and im gona ask him to clean to clean my carbs and yah...im only 15 as i mentioned before soo thats why i lack experience :S.

The only way to learn is get in there and do it, order a clymers or you can get a yamaha manual free on the net somewhere its a download. Do a search on free banshee manual and you should find it. If you cant find it pm me and i'll find it for you.

Clymers manual is a good investment and will save you money and your engine in the long run. You can do some serious damage to 2 strokes if you don't rejet when you have to. Like said before when adding more air or mods that add more air in an out of the engine you have to rejet to compensate for the added flow, so by rejetting you add more fuel to equation. There lots of post in the exhaust and jetting forum that can help you out. Get a clymers manual too.

get a manual for sure. they are cheap and you will learn tons of shit. dont pay someone they might not even know what there doing. its supper easy. and if you do pay someone dont let them tell you what size jets they are putting in you tell him. listen to the guys on here they have year and year of experiance. i would hate to see you blow it up and blame it on it being a 2 stroke. dont run it change the jet and also you might want re gear it wil a 15 tooth fromt sprocket. my bike was crazy with stock gearing and T5's had to go up a gear.

get a manual for sure. they are cheap and you will learn tons of shit. dont pay someone they might not even know what there doing. its supper easy. and if you do pay someone dont let them tell you what size jets they are putting in you tell him. listen to the guys on here they have year and year of experiance. i would hate to see you blow it up and blame it on it being a 2 stroke. dont run it change the jet and also you might want re gear it wil a 15 tooth fromt sprocket. my bike was crazy with stock gearing and T5's had to go up a gear.

Thanks for the advice thanks alot guys but im worried about doing something wrong my friend is experienced in this stuff and ill ask him to teach me instead of doing it for me as u suggested btw i still dont get the jets..are they already in my carbs or do i have to buy them ?