Mixing Fuel

First of all it is embarrassing to ask such a question...

I am aware that the ratio for my Banshee is 32:1. I bought 1 pint of Yamalube 2 stroke oil and i filled my gas bottle with 5 gallons of premium gas. Now, all i do is poor lube into gas and mix, right? i just want to make sure i do things right. Its been a while and i dont want to fuck anything up.

Thanks to all for replying.

Cant go wrong with asking a question about 2 stroke fuel, better to get all your questions answered. If it make you feel better, someone asked me if i could just use Diesel fuel in my 2 stroke jetski since it has oil in it. Now that is a questionable question.

I usually put the oil in the jug first so the oil mixes evenly when you fill it up.

• 2 weeks later...

5 gallons of gas requires half a quart of oil, 4oz per gallon. also its better to mix to much oil than not enuff. u will faul plugs more and it will smoke after warm up. i mix mine 32 to 1 on preamium pump gas. it smokes till i ride a min then stops smoking.

Half of a quart is a pint which is 16 ounces. If you mix this with 5 gallons of fuel, you nwill be at 40:1. If you want to be at 32:1, then you need to mix 1 pint with 4 gallons of fuel. With Yamalube, I would stay at 32:1, but if you go with a better quality oil such as Klotz, Maxima, Amsoil, etc. then I would go 40:1 as they offer much better protection than Yamalube.

Edited by bansheesandrider

• 9 years later...