Why so hard to start?

bbatch

Hi All, any help would be great,

Is it possible to have a weak spark? I have a 96 that runs great!!! However its a real bitch to start, cold or hot. It has to be kicked several times before coming to life, I seem to be the only one in our group who can start it. I've gone through the carbs they are good and clean, 120 plus compression both cylinders, new B8ES plugs, I replaced the coil, and spark plug caps as I had low resistance readings but I still have the problem. When checking for spark, its very difficult to see the arc, is it possible to have a faulty CDI or stator????

have you checked your ground lately? the coil is mounted to two tabs that should be ground down to bare metal to get a good ground to the coil. the coil's tabs are metal so make sure they are good and clean and not rusted. thats where id start.

what is your jetting?

have you checked your ground lately? the coil is mounted to two tabs that should be ground down to bare metal to get a good ground to the coil. the coil's tabs are metal so make sure they are good and clean and not rusted. thats where id start.

what is your jetting?

Thanks, I'll try cleaning up the grounds and see what happens. As far as the jetting, I'll have to dig in and verify. However, I have not made any changes to the jetting before this "hard starting" problem popped up???

Have you tried replacing your choke's o-ring? When I first went from single to dual carbs my bike was a bitch to start. You can take one filter off and put your hand or a rag in front of the carb were the filter was. Then try to start the bike, if it kicks over a lot faster then before, Then look at your choke.