heel guards

So I'm thinking of getting rid of the heel guards and plate attached to pegs. Wanna clean up the look but am curious if it'll cause my fenders to sag without the support. Any input?

Also kinda concerned about the safety of it. Grew up riding dirt bikes, so I think id be ok with just pegs. What u guys doing, or ur thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

P.S. they are the stockers, and I ride mostly sand and love to jump.

Edited by Banshee Chad

So I'm thinking of getting rid of the heel guards and plate attached to pegs. Wanna clean up the look but am curious if it'll cause my fenders to sag without the support. Any input?

Also kinda concerned about the safety of it. Grew up riding dirt bikes, so I think id be ok with just pegs. What u guys doing, or ur thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

P.S. they are the stockers, and I ride mostly sand and love to jump.

the fenders wont sag, but it is a bit unsafe especially for jumping.

on a dirt bike you have nothing behind your feet but on a quad you've the axle and wheels :shrugani:

if you're gonna ditch them i'd recommend a set of good mx boots or taking a grinder to the stock pegs to sharpen the teeth.

i learned the hard way that it's better to have some type of heel guard, came off doing a wheelie and ruined a brand new set of mx boots off what i can only guess was the rear sprocket, lesson learned full nerfs for me :lol:

opinions will differ but they're your legs

jamie

All it takes is one time of running your leg over and you'll wish there was something there ( besides your leg )

ive run over my leg several times. as long as youre wearing riding boots you should be in pretty good shape. sure there are those few and far between times, but for the most part you should be ok.

my left leg seems to come off more than my right, especially when hillclimbing. i think its due to me trying to keep my foot away from the shifter. ive landed off big jumps and ran over my left leg twice that i can remember. i walked away fine.

if you can find the heel guards that go with those roll pegs, thats what id recommend.

i highly, recommend you keep them, i have seen on another forum the exact same case, he took em off because he though it would look better without them, and the next day he went to the dunes, he did a jump and his foot slipped off and was caught by the tire, luckly his foot stopped in the peg, and he was able to retrieve it, i can get pics but trust me you dont want that, i think the peg hit his bone

When I bought my Banshee it came with stock pegs and aftermarket nerf bars but not heel gaurds. I cant decided whether to just buy the stock heel guards and plastics or ditch the current nerf bars and replace them with some with and integrated heel. I know you can get the stokc guards on ebay but thepostage to Dubai is really expensive.

Im thinking new nerf bars are the best option but Im not sure which to go for.......recommendations??? (nerfs with integrated heel guard)

Edited by flash75

When I bought my Banshee it came with stock pegs and aftermarket nerf bars but not heel gaurds. I cant decided whether to just buy the stock heel guards and plastics or ditch the current nerf bars and replace them with some with and integrated heel. I know you can get the stokc guards on ebay but thepostage to Dubai is really expensive.

Im thinking new nerf bars are the best option but Im not sure which to go for.......recommendations??? (nerfs with integrated heel guard)

AC ProPeg Blackline. Great product, very wide and safe.

After breaking my foot in several places and a hyper extended ankle, I ALWAYS run heel guards. I did not run over my leg or anything. I landed with my foot to far back on the peg. My foot collapsed and the peg forced my toes up, then my body forced my heel down.

I was wearing full size MX boots when this happened.

My toes touched my shin as my foot snaped in half pulling my ankle with it. The break healed in a few weeks, but the pulled muscle in my ankle lasted about a year. Sometimes it stills gives me a sharp pain I guess from the way it grew back.

AC ProPeg Blackline. Great product, very wide and safe.

After breaking my foot in several places and a hyper extended ankle, I ALWAYS run heel guards. I did not run over my leg or anything. I landed with my foot to far back on the peg. My foot collapsed and the peg forced my toes up, then my body forced my heel down. I was wearing full size MX boots when this happened. My toes touched my shin.

Ouch!! I dont like the sound of that..ill have a search for those nerfs....I also need to get myself some boots as im only wearing trainers at the moment!! :S Just got the bike and still getting all the gear together. Hope the leg is better now!

Ouch!! I dont like the sound of that..ill have a search for those nerfs....I also need to get myself some boots as im only wearing trainers at the moment!! :S Just got the bike and still getting all the gear together. Hope the leg is better now!

Just get rid of them they are junk and ugly when i got my first shee it was in a box and when she got threw back together I used just the pegs and later got some nerfs. Ihave never had a problem when riding the trails or the dunes , remember if you took them off just be careful when jumping that is one of the only times you might need them .

You want the stock heel guards ? if so I have like 2 sets sitting in my garage u got them if u want them I know I wont be using them.

TBH I think Id like to find a set of AC ProPeg Blackline nerfs but thanks for the offer. I have seen some on ebay but postage is at least $100. Are there any good online stores other than ebay where I could order a set of these?