FAT 32 Forman

Trying to backup my harddrive i have now on my PS3 and replace it with a bigger capacity but i need a external harddrive with FAT32 format. Is there a external out there already in this format or do you have to format it yourself? I tried hooking my regular external up to it but it just didn't read it due to the format.

Sweet thanks guys! Switching the hard drives is easy as pie it's just i want to back up the harddrive i have now so i don't lose any saved game files, trophies, movies, music, pictures, etc. I have a 80gig and about to run out of room so want to upgrade to a bigger one here pretty soon. Thanks for the info

It doesn't have to be a certain brand but it has to have certain specs for example it has to be 5400RPM. Here is a link to the harddrive you need it's very simple to install i just want to back my data that's on my drive as of now and put it on a bigger one.

Link to the drive

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-5400RPM-WD3200BEVT/dp/B0011U65F2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1262041232&sr=8-1

Here is a how to guide if you have never done it before

Ok so you need a 2.5 in HD that is Serial ATA and 5400 rpm. That's not a "standard" HD. But they are not any thing special.

Right not anything spectacular but it's a tad bit different. I just need to get a external (small one) back up my data i have now and replace it with something bigger. I have the 80gig right now and i'm getting close to going overboard with it now. I just came across that video on youtube one night and thought it was pretty cool that you could change it to something bigger.

Right not anything spectacular but it's a tad bit different. I just need to get a external (small one) back up my data i have now and replace it with something bigger. I have the 80gig right now and i'm getting close to going overboard with it now. I just came across that video on youtube one night and thought it was pretty cool that you could change it to something bigger.

you could just buy an external enclosure for the old drive and use that as your backup. It will work the same as an external hard drive.

Look for an enclosure for a laptop drive