i got some questions

baker

hi guys im new to the forum, i bought a 99 banshee and she blew up. took it apart and the right piston was smoked, i just bought some dune/trail ported cyl. and vitos pistons it got 1mm over bore-.040 over cool head, fmf fattys,hotrods crank,k+n filter,boost bottle and a dynateck adjustable ignition, how should i jet this beast? im in ny and it is cold, i dont want to hurt my motor oh its got stock carbs with the tors still on it for now. thanks i appreciate the help

hi guys im new to the forum, i bought a 99 banshee and she blew up. took it apart and the right piston was smoked, i just bought some dune/trail ported cyl. and vitos pistons it got 1mm over bore-.040 over cool head, fmf fattys,hotrods crank,k+n filter,boost bottle and a dynateck adjustable ignition, how should i jet this beast? im in ny and it is cold, i dont want to hurt my motor oh its got stock carbs with the tors still on it for now. thanks i appreciate the help

welcome to the HQ homie! :cheers:

i would ditch that boost bottle. it doesnt help performance and it clutters up the engine area. with that gone, itll be easier to work on. you can find a stock crossover tube from NYUK here on HQ for next to nothing.

your pilots will be 27.5 and i would start with a 320 or 330 main depending on how cold it is. you can always lean it up some. better off being too rich to begin with. run the needle in the middle clip position.

welcome to the HQ homie! :cheers:

i would ditch that boost bottle. it doesnt help performance and it clutters up the engine area. with that gone, itll be easier to work on. you can find a stock crossover tube from NYUK here on HQ for next to nothing.

your pilots will be 27.5 and i would start with a 320 or 330 main depending on how cold it is. you can always lean it up some. better off being too rich to begin with. run the needle in the middle clip position.

thanks man ill give that a try

Welcome dude. Let us know how it runs when you get it back together. I was doing some research on the vitos stuff the other day and was under the impression that if you use there pistons on a ported motor the port timing on the jugs may need too be adjusted. Have your builder check it out and make sure its all good. Just an fyi. Hit me up if you ever want some polishing, custom parts or any modquad performance parts or accessories. Shoot me a pm anytime. :headbang:

Welcome dude. Let us know how it runs when you get it back together. I was doing some research on the vitos stuff the other day and was under the impression that if you use there pistons on a ported motor the port timing on the jugs may need too be adjusted. Have your builder check it out and make sure its all good. Just an fyi. Hit me up if you ever want some polishing, custom parts or any modquad performance parts or accessories. Shoot me a pm anytime. :headbang:

hey dude, i was gonna put the new shit on myself i dont have a builder but my dad and younger bro are yamaha certified mechanics. but what the hell is the port timing on the jugs? :confused: and could i do it with my dyna fs ignition? :cheers:

• 1 month later...