Ignition Switch Removal

jkross

All,

Trying to clean up my controls. Got a nice bar clamp and need to hotwire the ignition under the plastic or something. Has anyone ever done this? Any advice? Which wires do I splice to which?

Thanks in advance.

hey instead of getting rid of it have you thought about relocating it , i put mine on the gas tank cober and drilled a hole so its near the 2 fins on the cover, just a thought , good luck

black to black hope it aint hot! <_<

Actually black to black w/ white stripe. Same shit. Fuck the key, don;t need it, I just run a lanyard in place of the red on/off switch. If someone really wanted to steal it all theyd have to do is put it in neutral and roll it away.

For future reference.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/elecfaq.html Banshee Electrical FAQ

i ditched my key too my renthall bars wouldnt go where i wanted them with the key in it, so i simply turned on the switch and yanked the key out! like it was said if somoen wants it there gonna take it key or no key

Tethers are fine until you are halfway up a mountain and you accidentally pull the damn thing out and kill your quad. Happened to me recently and sucked balls Luckily I wasnt in a real technical part of the hill. I would like to actually put a key on mine lol.