My setup:

HJR dune port

Pro Circuit pipes

33 PWKs

Boyeson reeds

Timing advance

Lightened flywheel

Modquad head 21cc domes

I dune fast and don't worry to much about drag racing. It seems like the PCs hold the motor back a little on the top end. I did a search and some people say the Shearers have a good midrange while others say topend only. General agreement that the CPIs come on and sign off earlier.

I pm'd Kevin to see what he has to say and wanted to get some other input.

ive got the same sorta mods as you.. ive got cpis they work well (i had fmfs b4)

the power of the cpis will hit alot later than ur pipes now.. but last forever and is real smooth and controlable :)

u will notice alot of power up in the mid to top of your power range but.. u will loose a lot of bottem i wasnt a fan of the loss of bottem at first but sort of changed my riding style a little.. and now wouldnt go back

all in all

cpis would be not a bad choice :)

just remember u will loose the bottem

You will loose some bottom, nothing to cry over especially if your doing alot of duning

If you do loose more than you where whiling to sacrafice, you could always through some more compression and timing at it to make it up

Just kno that the delivery is going to be way different than the pro circuits but it isnt anything that you can't get used too.

Cpi's are a awesome pipe, I have them on my shee and i basically do alittle of everything.

I have 35pwk airstrikers and my bottom end hits real hard

Joey

well, most people don't run those pipes and dune porting.......depending on who's definition of a dune port, i suppose.....but that is streatching the limits of the pipe. you can run boysen power reeds for a smoother transition, and keep it at +4 boysen pro would perform better, and crisper. that one mod alone made the huge difference in how the powerband came on...

Talk to your builder.

He might tell you a lightened flywheel with his porting and CPI pipes is not a good thing for duning...(Make sure you mention all of that to him)

You paid to have him port your motor. Kevin always answers the phone when I call, talk your motor and what you want to do over with him instead of most of us just guessing.

And since Kevin's a California guy....he knows where you ride, too...