Compression Question

HOODWORKZ

I have an 01 Banshee thats been running pretty good since I bought it in feb..and I got the head

shaved today about .030 and then picked up a compression tester from harbor freight and I only got about

115 psi out of each cylinder with the bike cold and at full throttle..dont think its a leak issue because its the tester that holds the highest reading ..can anyone tell me wats up and if youve used this tester from harbor freight

I have an 01 Banshee thats been running pretty good since I bought it in feb..and I got the head

shaved today about .030 and then picked up a compression tester from harbor freight and I only got about

115 psi out of each cylinder with the bike cold and at full throttle..dont think its a leak issue because its the tester that holds the highest reading ..can anyone tell me wats up and if youve used this tester from harbor freight

my harbor freight comp tester was a pos...it was offf by like 20 pounds........get a nicer tester or ask a friend to let you barrow one.

how many hours are on the top end?

Ive probably put about 10 since I bought it in feb...and I bought it off an older woman the

og owner and it was her bike with pink stickers and everything she said she hardly rode it

so im assuming not a whole lot but its probably the original top end since 01

and I only got about

115 psi out of each cylinder with the bike cold and at full throttle..

Notwithstanding the questionable tool..where did the idea come from to do a compression test on a cold engine?

Notwithstanding the questionable tool..where did the idea come from to do a compression test on a cold engine?

the difference between cold and hot isnt that much..and when you have an engine that wont run

you have no choice but to do a cold compression test..so I did it cold to have something

to go off of in the future if somethin happens

the difference between cold and hot isnt that much..and when you have an engine that wont run

you have no choice but to do a cold compression test..so I did it cold to have something

to go off of in the future if somethin happens

Also people need to remember that some of the pistons that they expand when they warm up. So thats why I say do it on a warmed up motor.