421 CHEETAH Trail bike

robert0762

fuel would be my main issue...i have a big bore 68.5.. stock stroke...35mm carbs...and full tank last 1.5hr of ride time... that dont include rest and smoke breaks..jus ride time...so than i have a spare 2gal i carry...its a bitch... leaks.. or has potential to fall off if not strapped in right...so i can get like 1hr out than have to turn around and come home...or i walk home...i have been pulled back a few times.. as i also have to carry a strap...lol... ive talked to 421 owners on here...and they all have same story...fuel runs out fast... and my bike is to sexy for a desert tank... so its a sand only bike...and ill buy another more stock motor bike to trail ride( my trails are desert 4-5th gear)...and add tha cub421 to sand bike... as most time at dunes im never to far from camp...lol..oh one more issue... do some suspension... whoops on stock shocks and arms at those speeds is a hand full...hahhaa

DiSkOe*1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well 2001stroker isnt on here anymore. Ive ridden his 10mil cheetah, its not a trail bike by all means, its an aggressive trail (wide 4-6th gear trails) and hillclimbs. You get into technical stuff with a +6 swing arm and pin it... your going into the trees (ive seen him do it lmao) Im personally building a 421 PV'ed cheetah now, and basically doing the same type of riding, but im more into the drag scene. Im getting another banshee for trails and to beat on... stock jugs. PT mids, 23/22 tires and 12/41 gearing.

hey man, just build a vitos motor with forged super stock pistons and a 4mill crank. keep the stock carbs and jet them 320 mian and 30 pilot. raise the needles from vitos and your in great shape with alot more arm ripping power then you need. cheep and very powerful set up for bottom , mid and top!! go 4 degree on timing also.

A 421 Cheetah PV motor is for a Dune/drag setup. Noway in hell would that be practical whatsoever for any kind of trail riding. Too much power= adding atleast 6-8 inches onto the swingarm, which makes it a handeling nightmare. The powerband will be like a lightswitch with no lowend whatsoever so your cornering power will be to sparatic, and youll spin the rubber off a new set of tires in no time flat.

If you want a good powerfull trail bike that will smoke anyother quad on the trails and in a straight line (as far as trail bikes go) get a RZ PV 4mil longrod setup and a 2:1 35-38PWK Carb (or Dual 33PWKs) and you already have the pipes, reeds, head/18cc domes and timing plate at +7. That would be the shit. No lack of power there, and you could fly through the technical stuff with the low/mid pull you would get and be able to climb the biggest hills and open it up and fly on the topend 3rd/4th-6th. Plus you could get suspension and a arms/Good Tires. Which makes you faster than any motor will in the trails anyhow.

Thats the way to go, Talk to Kevin HJR Or Jim Passion Racing about the RZ PV 4mil Trail setup.

Have you ever road a 421? They are a monster, and at the very edge of even being what I'd call a duneable quad in less your dunes are big and open.

I have a buddy that has one, and it's the shit for the hill and short rides in the dunes. Much more than that I think it sucks. It's a ton of work to ride in tight dunes, and boy when that thing get's on the pipe it's gone! There just isn't any riding just on the pipe, once it's on, it's on and hauling the mail!

I'm just gonna go head and say it's stupid to put any drag ported cylinders on a trail bike. My 4 mill pulls it's ass off on top end. It's not a cub but it does will for what it is. The only reason i never went to a cub was that i dont like it's power delivery. For me, ported stockers for my riding style is the ticket.

Have you ever ridden a cub? The power comes on way to late and it's way to easy to fall off the pipe. Then you can just bolt on a cub and expect the stock clutch etc to hold it.

Port the stock cylinders, increase compression and go for it.

If i had to trail ride a banshee all the time, i would focus on suspension before i do ANY engine mods.

Edited by RagunCajun