Ice racing

papa_smurf49319

looking to get into ice racing a little bit, more so for fun and not competetivly. What setups are you guys runnin, tires, studs, etc. I was looking at Cheng Shin for the rears with kold kutters, and maybe just stockers for the front with some kold kutters. Any info on ice racing would be greatly appreciated. I dont really wanna buy shocks or a arms or any of that stuff.

Cody

not alot of ice racers here i take it lol

Cheng shin for the rear is the way to go and stockers up ft work and if you find you like ice racing you can find something like ft bandits ( if you can find any ) , fast trekkers or holeshots work well. Check where you plan on racing to find out what studs are legal. As far as chassis, low and wide is the ticket there. Alot of people shorten the rear swingarm for traction. You can get by and strap down the ft end and run offset rims or just turn the stock rims around but you will have to drill a new hole for the valve stem ( hits the caliper ) and pull one from inside where the old one was. Nerfs and kill switch is a must. You can see pics of the tires i run in my gallery pics. We run larger screws ( mf44 ) in quebec and some parts of ontario with the cmrc. Best stud ever!

Cody