A few pics of my long travel banshee

GoBigOrGoHome

Awesome work man..What kinda motor setup you run in that chassis?

In the green one Im running an 8mm 72mm bore Twister Small Block motor... its just over 100HP with gobs of torque. The red one has a 4mm stock cylinder motor built by twister and rips also. Im in the process of building two new long travel bikes... one is gonna have either a 4mm or 10mm triple motor with a 3 into 1 inframe pipe, and my buddy is putting a big-bore raptor 700 motor in the other one

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

define long travel. what make this setup better than, o lets say broke's 250r-banshee. how much travel are you getting out of these bikes that make them worth it because by the look of the pictures all i can think about is $$$$.

dont take it the wrong way i think the idea and designs great applause but lonestar took a very simplistic approach at tackling the banshee suspension issue

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/501084/25.jpg

Im getting 24" out of the back and around 16" out of the front with my elkas and over 18" on the red bike with the fox evol's. I actually had to relocate my exhaust up under the seat because the rear caliper hit it on full compression with it was in the stock position. This bike wasnt built with just travel in mind though, it was built with the longest possible arms to reduce wheel scrub throughout range of motion as well as to provide more stability in high speed cornering. The rear is a no-link setup and really works great in the rough stuff... I can go 6th gear pinned through the roughest whoops and its so smooth and stable and that is worth more to me than just a travel number

I am running two trail tech rechargable batteries for my xmitter light bar... I actually am running a PVL ignition and the batteries and lights are a totally separate wiring harness so when the motor isnt running or even when the motor is pulled out, you can still turn the lights on. The guy that wired my bike also hooked me up with green LED underbody lighting so I can make it strobe while Im racing people up the hills at night :) I love it it looks like a UFO going across the dunes lol

Cool, I am a friend of the owner of vision x, and one of the few others running a battery setup in a banshee. Does that xmitter bar seem to reach out far enough for you when your traveling fast at night? I run the solstice lgihts, and one of the new solstice helmet lights with the new big bad battery pack in my kidney belt. Its probably the best light mod I have ever seen for night riding. You can basically set it up so the light is pointed wherever you are looking, and it gets it high up above you for the best distance coverage. I also have blue underbody leds that I run on my setup.

Cool, I am a friend of the owner of vision x, and one of the few others running a battery setup in a banshee. Does that xmitter bar seem to reach out far enough for you when your traveling fast at night? I run the solstice lgihts, and one of the new solstice helmet lights with the new big bad battery pack in my kidney belt. Its probably the best light mod I have ever seen for night riding. You can basically set it up so the light is pointed wherever you are looking, and it gets it high up above you for the best distance coverage. I also have blue underbody leds that I run on my setup.

Thats awesome I wish I knew someone like that, maybe my light bar wouldnt have cost so much LOL no really though its SO bright and I love it. its by far the brightest bike in every night ride group Im in and lots of my buddies run the smaller HID's nobody has the bigger ones though... since Im not running a charging system for my batteries, I really like the fact that it uses such low power, Im able to get a good long night ride before my batteries die. But the one thing that does suck is that since its LED, when the light goes out it goes out without warning... it doesnt get dimmer before it goes out. Do you run a charging system for your batteries or how do you do yours? My first setup was a trail tech battery and capacitor with a bridged ground on a ricky stator high output stator and 4 of the MR16HID's which was a pretty unreliable setup.

• 3 weeks later...

I do run a charging system. I floated the ground on a stock stator, and I wired up a charge relay. So the bike only charges the battery when the lights are on. I also used a regulator/rectifier out of a snowmobile to do the dc conversion. The battery is a little 10ah unit that I made a bracket for and put under the back seat where the airbox used to be. I even built a coolant bottle bracket into it. I used all water resistant, or stock looking connectors on the conversion also.

wiringunderseat.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01820.jpg