clutch problem

w.f.o

i just bought my firsy banshee from a friend and only had it for one day. i left it with my brother while i went to work to test it out.five hours later he call me and tell me that it not going in to gear so he took it back to where i bought it from and the person said the clutch is gone.he told my brother that your are only suppose to use the clutch to start in first gear and not use it as you shift through the rest,i just want to know if this is true .also it is set up to run on race fuel if this makes any difference.can some one please help me

i just bought my firsy banshee from a friend and only had it for one day. i left it with my brother while i went to work to test it out.five hours later he call me and tell me that it not going in to gear so he took it back to where i bought it from and the person said the clutch is gone.he told my brother that your are only suppose to use the clutch to start in first gear and not use it as you shift through the rest,i just want to know if this is true .also it is set up to run on race fuel if this makes any difference.can some one please help me

If it has a override then your not suppose to use the clutch. I would think if it has a override the guy who sold it to you should of said something about it.

What are your mods. Race fuel would only make a difference on your compression ratio.

I HAVE A STANDARD CLUTCH SETUP AND SOMETIMES DO NOT USE THE CLUTCH. I JUST LET OFF THE THROTTLE, TIME IT JUST RIGHT AND UP SHIFT AT THE RIGHT TIME. IT IS VERY SMOOTH BUY MY FRIEND TOLD ME IT'LL WEAR OUT THE GEARS PREMATURELY. I CAN'T BE SURE, BUT I'D RATHER REPLACE THE CLUTCH INSTEAD OF THE GEARS, SO I NOW USE THE CLUTCH MORE OFTEN. : ]

DOES YOUR BROTHER KNOW HOW TO SHIFT? DO YOU THINK HE MAY HAVE WORN OUT THE CLUTCH? IF NOT, THE GUY MAY JUST BE TRYING TO PIN THE BLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE FOR A PROBLEM HE KNEW ABOUT.

I JUST READ THE RACE FUEL PART. DOES IT HAVE A LOT OF HORSEPOWER? MAYBE HE DIDN'T PUT A HEAVY DUTY RACE CLUTCH IN THERE AND THE ENGINE OVERPOWERED IT AND WORE IT OUT, BUT I AM JUST SPECULATING. I JUST KINDA THREW THAT ONE OUT THERE.

Dude. Lose the caps. seriously.

back on topic of clutches though. ive had some friends tell me its okay to up shift with out them, but not down shift and others say always use it. anyone clarify this?

I use the caps so I don't have to hit shift to capitalize words or sentences. It saves time, but because you made me laugh.....you win!!

I use the caps so I don't have to hit shift to capitalize words or sentences. It saves time, but because you made me laugh.....you win!!

thats about the lamest excuse ive ever heard lol. dont hit the caps lock button, one less button to push, saves time....

ok what my brother is telling me is when he squeeeze the clutch it went all the way in and didnt open back then they notice that the clutch cable came off at the motor and the put it back on .he said that where the cable connects to the motor the push that peice in to see if they was ant tension and it went in but didnt cime back out on its own like the spring is bad.i dont know the name for the parts yet but i will be trying to figure that out ,can you tell me what you think happen !

Get a clymers manual off ebay as soon as you can. For now though, go to babbittsonline.com type in your model banshee and all that then look at the clutch assembly and all that to make sure you have all the parts you need and you can start using the names of real parts so we can help you diagnose your problem A LOT FASTER.