Smoking out of right pipe only

eschaner

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. New here. I need some help. I have a 2001 and it smokes out of the right exhaust and not the left. Is the right carb. to rich, or does it need adjustment? Is the air/ fuel screw off? Any help would be great.

First make sure you have good plugs. If you do then sync your carbs. keep us posted.

Yes there is quit a bit. There is oil in the pipe also. I cleaned the carbs and checked the jets, mains are 280, and pilots are(left)25 and (right)28. Could this be the problem?

they shouldn't be different, thats for sure. I would put both at 25 but it wouldn't hurt to buy one of each and try both, the 28 and 25 and see what makes it run better.

when you put them back together make sure there synced, that really important. Another thing don't mix up the slides cuz that will make your bike run like shit. Since the pilots are differentyou might as well check to see if the clip on the needles are in the same place.

does it have a fuel filter on it? wen my fuel filter clogged up it only let gas into the right cylinder and wasnt hitting at all on the left. i just replaced the fuel like from the petcock to the t-fitting and just got rid of the filter. workd like a charm

I didn't look at the needle clip. What slot should it be on? Yes it has a fuel filter. I will change it and see if that helps. I just bought it a month ago, so I am still learning how this all works. I am going to get another 25 pilot and try that also.

I didn't look at the needle clip. What slot should it be on? Yes it has a fuel filter. I will change it and see if that helps. I just bought it a month ago, so I am still learning how this all works. I am going to get another 25 pilot and try that also.

If it's on the clutch side of the motor and it smokes alot,it could be a crank seal. Jeff

I would put it in the middle or third clip from bottom up. higher clip postion is leaner lower clip postion is richer.

They dont make a 28 pilot the stamp is prob a messed up 25,stock carbs take 25,27.5,30,32.5 at 2.5 increments.Do a compression test and a pressure test to make sure its mechanically sound before you chase your tail from an underlying problem.If all that checks out check plug caps,coil,exhaust packing

They dont make a 28 pilot the stamp is prob a messed up 25,stock carbs take 25,27.5,30,32.5 at 2.5 increments.Do a compression test and a pressure test to make sure its mechanically sound before you chase your tail from an underlying problem.If all that checks out check plug caps,coil,exhaust packing

I was out today with it and ran great. I talked to a guy and said he had a problem and he removed the boost bootle. And he said to mix gas at 30:1. That seems like it would smoke more! I mix 40:1. I have to check compression and needle.

I was out today with it and ran great. I talked to a guy and said he had a problem and he removed the boost bootle. And he said to mix gas at 30:1. That seems like it would smoke more! I mix 40:1. I have to check compression and needle.

What kind of premix you using. 32:1 is what i would be mixing it at. Unless your running like klotz or castor 927, or premix that can be mixed at 40:1 because your gonna have other problems.

so is it still smoking more on one side then another.

What kind of premix you using. 32:1 is what i would be mixing it at. Unless your running like klotz or castor 927, or premix that can be mixed at 40:1 because your gonna have other problems.

so is it still smoking more on one side then another.

I am running Klotz. And yes it is still smoking from the right side.

If you are running Klotz, I recomend 40:1. I have been running mine that way for about 18 years and have never had a problem because of it, the only problem I ever had was when I was running Benol, I had problems with carbon buildup in the ring lands of the wife's bike. I switched to R50 and no more problems. As was stated, stock carbs have 25 pilot jets and go up by 2.5 increments. BOTH carbs should have identical jetting on a Banshee, if you have to stagger jet then you have some other problem and are covering it up with jetting. If your pipe is full of oil, take it off and douche it out, residual oil in the pipe will make it smoke. Make sure you have good plugs in it and try swapping plug wires from side to side, if it changes you couild have a bad plug cap or wire.

Hey guys. New here. I need some help. I have a 2001 and it smokes out of the right exhaust and not the left. Is the right carb. to rich, or does it need adjustment? Is the air/ fuel screw off? Any help would be great.

what are your mods?Is it fouling the plug on the smoking side? Sounds like tranny side crank seal sucking tranny fluid.