opinnions on alky?

jlevasseur

I did not noticed the fuel consumption being twice what it was. Although I havent got to ride it alot on alky.

I guess I should have stated that it would a be 40% increase in fuel consumption to make it more clear what I was trying to say.

100% more fuel would mean that you have used 2 times the original amount, wouldn't it? If you used 1 gallon before, and now your using 100% you would be using 2 gallons.

So 40% more would mean you use the original amount plus 40% additional or 1.4gallons???

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% means 1 to 1, doesn't it?

So you used 140%.

Maybe I'm just off my rocker, it is Friday, been a long week...:)

Stoich on Alky is twice what gas is...tuned properly.

You can't take how much riding you've done into consideration here.

You have to judge this by how much your engine needs, fuel to air mixture wise to run properly, not how much you used bombing around for a ride.

11hp from changing to E-85 and more timing? I don't want to sound like an asshole but I don't believe that for a minute. You sure you didn't forget that you also had it ported when you made those other changes?

i looked at the dyno sheets and i was wrong it was 7.3 hp gain. same day runs about 3 to 4 hours apart.

bike was ported and timing was at 3 deg on 108 octane. had 22 cc domes. then switched to 8 deg timing and 18 cc domes. went 30 percent larger on jets. from a 145 to a 190 main and put the needle all the way up. gained 7.3. now sitting at 81.45hp.

call bs all day. i dont care. im winning races and collecting money so come race with me and give me some of your money.

LMWAO

i looked at the dyno sheets and i was wrong it was 7.3 hp gain. same day runs about 3 to 4 hours apart.

bike was ported and timing was at 3 deg on 108 octane. had 22 cc domes. then switched to 8 deg timing and 18 cc domes. went 30 percent larger on jets. from a 145 to a 190 main and put the needle all the way up. gained 7.3. now sitting at 81.45hp.

call bs all day. i dont care. im winning races and collecting money so come race with me and give me some of your money.

LMWAO

So... that means you ruffly gained 3hp from the switch.. the timing advance and compression was probably good for 3-4hp by itself.

Calling someout out like that is kinda a bold statement not knowing what they have.. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you'll probably end up needing more then 81.45 hp though..

Please tell me where you race and collect money all day long with 81.45938274095 HP.

I think i can make a new career out of this.

amp outlaw winternationals here in oklahoma. flattrack and tt champion 2009. i won 12 out of 15 rounds. amp powerfest in macalester,ok. took 13th out of 72 entries at oklahoma gold rush supermoto event. red dirt speedways flattrack tt and hare scrambles. kicker arenacross in okc and tulsa. soon to race midwest extreme dirt track nationals.

i do admit it was a bold statement and i was probably talking above my head but i am confident in my riding ability and will admit when i have been beat and have done so a few times.

drag racing is fun and is mainly a hp game. i love doing it. but i find this more fun so drag racing is just a off time hobby for me now. i now race 300 ft clay on hoosiers at red dirt speedways. best time is a 4.32 not sure on mph. that was on a stock swinger, stretched bikes are almost at a disadvantage there. first time i was on my plus four and didnt get a good start.

i didnt mean to talk noise or anything i was just stating what i know to try to help a fellow banshee owner, sorry if i got you all worked up.

congrats...now lets talk apples to apples.

he's talking about building a drag bike, not sure where your TT/hare scramble engine and building setup applies here.

Certainly if he were looking into that arena you're qualified.

But I don't go tell the president of my bank how to run his branch simply because I go there to deposit my check....

:)

I can assure you, drag racing is alot, ALOT more than a HP game. Lesser motors beat bigger ones all the time due to better setup and understanding how to get down the track fastest.

While we don't turn left or right until after the game is over, there is a ton more to drag racing than just a HP number.

If that were the case, dyno queens everywhere would rule the sport.

i can see where hes coming from, maybe not so much in the banshee world, but setting up a drag car is much more easy than setting up a high horsepower daily! In the drag world your not worried about part throttle hesitations or anything of the such, your only worried about full throttle wide open tuning. I will say that drag racing does take a good operator just like a mxer, its not just shifting the gears and going straight, theres a lot more to it. But as far as tuning goes i will agree that tuning a dragger, compared to a trail bike should be easier, ( not including methanol bikes some find it easy, but others find it a pain in the ass). Thats my 2 cense, take it or leave it ive been drinking as usual lol :cheers:

Cody

i can see where hes coming from, maybe not so much in the banshee world, but setting up a drag car is much more easy than setting up a high horsepower daily! In the drag world your not worried about part throttle hesitations or anything of the such, your only worried about full throttle wide open tuning. I will say that drag racing does take a good operator just like a mxer, its not just shifting the gears and going straight, theres a lot more to it. But as far as tuning goes i will agree that tuning a dragger, compared to a trail bike should be easier, ( not including methanol bikes some find it easy, but others find it a pain in the ass). Thats my 2 cense, take it or leave it ive been drinking as usual lol :cheers:

Cody

There is more to tuning then just jetting...

I'll throw in Compression/timing combinations.. If your running shocks.. charge pressures. There is a lot involved with tuning the chassis...

In the drag world.. we're shooting for .01 of a second gains... Not 1 or 2 seconds per lap. We're constantly analyzing our time slips and make adjustments accordingly. We're constantly changing our setups to gain every little bit we can. A drag build is the most finely tuned out of all setups and requires the most tuning as our tuning never ends..