IM STUCK ON COLORS

00sheerzr

hi i planning on rebuilding my shee from the frame up on a low budget , my quad has white plastics and i really dont want to buy new one, i plan on painting the frame but i want something that will go with the white plastics. im also going to paint the a arms and misc pieces. i was thinking blue frame, blue a arms and blue swingarm with white hubs and other pieces idk im kinda stuck here, pics of color schemes would be awsome. thanks

Well it's always good to have at least two colors in mind that way when you get your shee coated the two different colors gives it some contrast, not making it look too bold(my opinion). The colors your gonna use is basically a personal reference thing. Heres mine with a red and black theme. The frame is coated red and my suspension is coated black. I was planning to powder coat my wheels black but i kinda got stuck here. The colors you choose is something your gonna like not everyone else. I personally prefer my bikes with two colors but ive seen some badass banshees with one solid color. The choice is yours bro.

Blue is always a sweet color, if you plan on powdercoating I would powdercoat the hubs, spindles, sproket and chain hub as well, maybe even the food pegs and levers to give it some contrast, if it is your budget I would chrome the a arms and swing arm or go with another color maybe a silver, white would look good to but would be high maintence. Here's a pic of mine below to give you some ideas. Good luck man and have fun with the build.

post-34255-12585284334937.jpg

i have my heart set on blue and white but im not sure what parts to paint which color, blue frame 100%, should i do the a arms blue too or is it over kill, i also cant spend alot of money just the price of the paint ,i plan on changing all thhe bushing and bearings while its apart even if they arent bad so thats going to kill my wallet, i have a hvlp paint sprayer and everything i will need, does anyone have pictures of a blue and white shee, i love the one on the forum page,

Damn im diggin the orange looks sick!! Well in your case you have your mind set at the blue and white which are really good colors. What best to do is really balnce the colors out. Dont have too much of you color all over the bike. For an example, do your hubs, rear sprocket rear carrier one color and your axle a whole different one. It's all up to you and how your feeling it. Just make sure you pay attention to detail and be patient it pays off in the end. I would suggest powdercoating but if your on a budget like most of us are then make sure you prep the hell out of what your painting like getting it sandblasted. Also add a few coats of clear to prevent chipping. Also rememeber that if you walk upon a aluminum peice of your bike your not sure about what color to paint, polish that sucker. Good luck keep us posted on how the outcome is.

• 9 months later...

I'm doing a white frame with orange Swing-arm with a white housing, already have the a-arms done white on top and orange on bottom...pic added

I am finishing all PCing this winter, doing some polishing now.

x4ixp1.jpg

25fkt50.jpg

e0lo4k.jpg

Edited by Quadatic20