Does anyone know anything about plasma tv's

crustydemon

Dont ever, EVER buy a visio or any of those other shit brand tvs, I found out the hard way on that. For $200 more you can get a much nicer tv that will last twice as long, I tried to go cheap and bought a 32" Poloroid lcd few years ago, I am a genius for buying the extended warranty as I have sent it back 3 times for repairs. Bought a 42" samsung 2 years ago, not a single problem.

Well, I didnt buy it because it was cheaper, I bought it because I thought it had a better picture than the rest of them at comparable prices but I guess its shit now. The line is still there and no one here wants to repair tv's anymore, they want to sell you another piece of shit. If it wasnt for my kids I wouldnt even have one.

Vizio's are pretty legit TV's. I bought my 47 LCD Vizio a few years back. It popped a power supply about 6 months ago so I bought one off of ebay for 100 bucks and sent it back on its way.

He is right...Vizio's have an awesome picture, great features, and the best remotes on the market (they light up at night so you can see what buttons you're pushing).

Problem is their customer service sucks. Good news is...Costco sells them :jesterlaugh:

• 1 month later...

Plasma TVs run off a gas possibility the gas is running low and not performing to par :shrugani: I've had my 42'' Plasma Samsung in my bedroom ever since they came out and has been working just fine. I will never own a plasma again though considering they just don't look as good as a DLP or a LCD TV. I also have a 72'' DLP Samsung in the living room and to be honest can't tell any difference in the LCD TV. If you can get passed the bulky depth and not being able to hang it on the wall the DLPs are cheaper and look just the same!

• 4 months later...

you have a dry connection, or faulty component.......if you are trying to get it fixed at a place that wants to sell you a new one, you are looking in the wrong place.......go to an actuall repair shop. they do not sell tv's btw........it's probably a 2-12 dollar part, or no parts, and a little labor to fix. :cheers: