oregon in feburary

sangheraent

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where ever you camp or stay don't take any chance's. Better safe then sorry. Discovery point is always good, they got RV, tent sites as well and furnished cambins for rent, Half Moon Bay is also good, I think there prices are $15 a night for a single site and $75 a night for a group site which can hold like 9 plus big units. Check the weather for winter riding, you never know how its going to be.

The only thing about Winchester is the drag racing scene is not very big unless you organize it and get a lot of people together, but they have some wicked tree shots, the biggest and best in oregon in my opinion as well is some pretty big dunes.

wassup everyone I was planing a trip to show my women the dunes and the only time we both have is in feburary so I was considering heading to oregon what is the weather usually like? I know its cold but from forums of people going down there on thanksgiving it seems like its do able? i was considering going the 2nd or 3rd week of feburary does it get warm enough to be able to ride around then or am I out of luck?

Im new to the forum, but I can tell u this. I grew up in Florence and we rode year round. Its hit n miss most days that time of year but we did have 70+ degree days in Jan & Feb last year. I would chance it and look me up, I'll show u around if u come to the Florence area. Good Luck... :cheers:

I am in for the drinkin and doing stupid shit now that is a damm good time

iv planed my trip for feb 18-22 gonna stay at winchester bay inn should be ok I got a 30foot tractor chain an uncutable lock and a pretty good alarm. winchester bay is pretty bad for drags but when we roll in we get line ups of like 15 20 bikes sometimes. we usually come in groups of like 10. we just start racing back and forth and eventually people just start lining up with us it gets pretty fun. usually only works on nice days with a good amount of people went on off weekend this year and there was only 1 car in that parking lot.

Hell ya. If i get my bike back together im down. Im in longview WA. 4 hour drive for me but well worth it.

Not really down for drinkin and stupid shit though PNW. LOL. Ive been sober for 16 months now. Theres already too many drunk idiots out there. Ive seen too many bad crashes from the party duners. I was there at sandlake last november when the 2 sandcars collided. It was horrible. 3 people dead right in front of me. The screams the blood. AAHHH! Not something i ever want too witness again.

Im not bashing anyone, Ive been there also used too tear it up and party too. But I clearly understand why the banned drinking on the sand at the Oregon dunes. Too each his own. Hope we can make it happen guys. Should be a blast.

I'd like to go to that too.

Went to sand lake yesterday with my son, his friend and his dad.

After driving 2 hours we stop in Tillamook to get some food. Thats when i notice i left my wallet at home. Not too big of a deal, had gas for the bikes and my truck had enough to get home.

The guy riding riding with us had a TRX 450r and wanted to ride the shee, so we traded. I have NEVER heard my bike rev that high. When he stoped i traded back, he said "you dont like the 450". Wanted to say no, dont want you to blow my bike asshole, but i was nice.

On the way home i got pulled over for no tail lights on the trailer, plug came loose. I told the cop i was in a hurry and forgot my wallet so i dont have my license. He took all my stuff to his car, i got out and fixed the lights. When he came back he said " i'll give you a warning on the lights but going to have to give you a ticket for not having your licence". A few years ago this was a $25 fine, now its $287. Tillamook county cops are dicks. The best part of this trip was beating that 450 all day.

Sorry, had to vent

sandlake.jpg