oregon in feburary

sangheraent

wassup everyone I was planing a trip to show my women the dunes and the only time we both have is in feburary so I was considering heading to oregon what is the weather usually like? I know its cold but from forums of people going down there on thanksgiving it seems like its do able? i was considering going the 2nd or 3rd week of feburary does it get warm enough to be able to ride around then or am I out of luck?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in oregon, we ride the dunes all year long. We've been out there with snow on the sand. Our big thing is the rain, being cold isn't as big of an issue to us.

WORD. rain sucks ass. its not really the fact that your getting wet, its just that you cant see shit thru your goggles. all you can really do is watch the wheather forecast and go from there. good luck, have fun and be safe if you go!

next summer we're gonna have to do a BHQ ride for the north west guys! :cheers:

WORD. rain sucks ass. its not really the fact that your getting wet, its just that you cant see shit thru your goggles. all you can really do is watch the wheather forecast and go from there. good luck, have fun and be safe if you go!

Exactly!!!!!! You can't see anything. It sucks ass. You'd think the helmet visor would block it but no! BHQ ride would be awesome! I'll be looking for this for sure!!!!!!! :headbang:

x2. Be ready for rain and fog. Im down for an HQ ride DP. Always wondered if there was enough of us PNW guys too get one together. Hell YA. Count me in for sure.

x2. Be ready for rain and fog. Im down for an HQ ride DP. Always wondered if there was enough of us PNW guys too get one together. Hell YA. Count me in for sure.

Ditto, it hardly ever gets "cold", even in the dead of winter its not uncommon to see low 50's for high's. Rain sucks, and that's your biggest issue, cause I agree with whats been posted, when it rains, it usually pours, and you cant see shit!

Last Thanksgiving wkend, we had weather in the low 70's at Winchester Bay which is very unusual.

Those of you wanting to put a BHQ ride together, I would say look hard at the Raptor Rally which is next May...that is a wicked event. You'll shit how many fast Raptors are out there.

im from canada and from october to march all you get is rain. i think i will make it out there in feburary why not. the only way we have to counteract the rain here is full face helmets. keeps it totally away from your face but you still get a little fog. yea i guess if it rains ill try to wait it out or just ride when it calms down a bit!! i think theres alot of us northwest guys on here could make a pretty full bhq ride.

I would be down for a BHQ ride. I live in Cottage Grove, so where ever people want to go is fine with me. Winchester Bay would be my personal choice due to there being less people than Florence. You don't have to worry as much about the sound police there also.

I would be down for a BHQ ride. I live in Cottage Grove, so where ever people want to go is fine with me. Winchester Bay would be my personal choice due to there being less people than Florence. You don't have to worry as much about the sound police there also.

My vote is for winchester also. never really cared for Florence.

If you are looking for a hotel to stay at or someplace like that I would make a reservation at Discovery Point. I always camp at the Half Moon Bay campground when I go however Discovery Point does give you access to the dunes without having to load and unload your bikes to ride which is a plus. Day use fee is $6.00 per day. Another advantage of staying at discovery point is no day use fees.