Clutch Cable

Need some input about weather or not to lube the clutch cable. Some have said lube just collects more dirt and grit, makes it worse and to just replace it with new. Others say lube is great. Need some opinions.....for those that do lube what have you used to give the best results?

I lube all my cables on the quads with a product called Tri- Flow, it comes in an orange and black spray can. It is a teflon based lube so sand doesn't stick ti it once the initial spray dries. Most automotive departments carry it, usually by the WD40. I unhook the cables and flush the gunk out with a luber tool and the Tri-Flow. It does seem to make a big difference in how hard the clutch pulls.

Once or twice a year, I'll take my cable off at the cases and the perch.

Make a small paper funnel to get the oil in, and flush the cable out with WD40 or liquid wrench or tri flow, etc.

Take apart your perch, clean it up, and add a few drops of oil to that as well.

You'll be absolutely amazed what a difference it makes, and my bike only sees a groomed drag strip, not trails, dirt, water, etc.

For 12 bucks, I replace my cable every year or year and a half. They can stretch...and it'll make you scratch your head even with a perfectly adjusted clutch, etc.