I think my banshee is blown up HELP!

06SEBanshee

I bought a banshee today and I think its blown up. I have been riding my whole life and have an 06 banshee, but I don't know much about fixing them, ect. I went to the guys house and didnt get a cold start, and the bike was in the middle of the city so I could not really ride it either. When I was at his house, it started first kick and idled no problem. I got such a good deal on it that I was not even paying attention and did not properly inspect it. I got it home and it was not running so good so I changed the plugs. it ran strong for about a minute then it started to bog out, I got off and took a closer look and noticed it was only blowing exhaust hard out of the right side. The right side blows white smoke. The left side blows out a more clear smoke and not half as powerful. I am assuming that my left side piston and rings went ? Any one have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated. also, if this is the case, does anyone know how i can fix it the right way and most cost effectively? any details on this would really help. Thanks in advance for all your help

I was just going to add the compression test question in. I thought about doing that, but on the other hand, I am afraid of kicking it incase it is blown and i might screw it up even more. I think I am going to do the compression test and post my results for more info, unless anyone suggest against that idea?

When I first had the issue, I changed the plugs out and it ran alright for about a minute. The original plugs were black with some oil, not white, ect. I am also putting fresh gas into it to see if that might have something to do with it. I am just praying that it is nothing serious, i cringe at the thought of having to rebuild it. How do I check the carb balance and jets? Just taking off the float bowl? I am going to get a closer look at it in the morning and go ahead with the compression test. Thanks for all the info it has been very helpful, and I will post tommorow with the compression readings.

here's a thaught- how old is the gas? most premixes will separate after a while, and old gas will break down and smoke pretty damn good. first thing to do when you buy a banshee is maintenance, which involves cleaning the carbs and changing all the fluids, including all the gas.

my very first banshee did that it was a pluged up pilot jet i orderd 27.5 and it ran amazing after that! but it could be a number of thingsbad piston bad plug or bad plug wire the list goes on... i would start with compression test then clean the carbs realy realy good!

THe banshee is now running at 110%. After reading on here and a little bit of diagnosing, I found that one of my carbs was gummed up and the float bowl was sticking. I took off both carbs, cleaned them up real good, emptied the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, changed the coolent, oil, ect, cleaned out the air box and put in a new filter. (and cleaned all the shit off the motor while i had all the plastics and shit off). Kicked the bike once and it staThanrted up and ran great. No boging, ect. I can finally sleep and know my banshee is going to be just fine lol

THe banshee is now running at 110%. After reading on here and a little bit of diagnosing, I found that one of my carbs was gummed up and the float bowl was sticking. I took off both carbs, cleaned them up real good, emptied the gas and replaced it with fresh gas, changed the coolent, oil, ect, cleaned out the air box and put in a new filter. (and cleaned all the shit off the motor while i had all the plastics and shit off). Kicked the bike once and it staThanrted up and ran great. No boging, ect. I can finally sleep and know my banshee is going to be just fine lol

Do I win anything??? :rotflmao:

It would be a good idea to install an inline fuel filter to protect against carb problems in the future.

i wouldn't recomend an inline filter, as it will become a liability to slow the flow down on a long pull, and lean you out, if you don't keep on top of it. the fuel screns in the tank are prety fine, just shut the fuel off when not in use and drain the bowls once in a while, or durring storage.