want to convert my race fuel motor back to unleaded fuel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like an ordinary noss head with 17cc domes to me.

i cant really tell if there is a spacer plate between the base of the cylinders and engine case. like someone already said, since you have the head off, crank the bike over slowly and bring each piston up to TDC (top dead center) and see how far the piston rises up out of the bore if any. you most likely have a 350. in that case, order up some 21 cc domes and back your timing plate down to +4 (you did say it was a couple notches above +5 right?). 0 degrees will be where the top and bottom half of the engine cases meet.

looks like an ordinary noss head with 17cc domes to me.

i cant really tell if there is a spacer plate between the base of the cylinders and engine case. like someone already said, since you have the head off, crank the bike over slowly and bring each piston up to TDC (top dead center) and see how far the piston rises up out of the bore if any. you most likely have a 350. in that case, order up some 21 cc domes and back your timing plate down to +4 (you did say it was a couple notches above +5 right?). 0 degrees will be where the top and bottom half of the engine cases meet.

i check each piston they come up flush with the bore and yes the timing plate is set right above the +5 marker. What size of jets would i need to order and do yall know where i can get new top end seal kit so i can replace the old ones. looked on ebay but they only had the regular gaskets not the rubber ones. does it make a difference and is there any specific type of 21cc domes in need to order. cause i looked and they hmi domes etc....

well , u have a noss head. so id pm NOSS here on the forum -- site sponsor

atleast 21 domes, mike ask noss .. might go with a 22cc dome.... and back that timing down to +4 . that should do the trick.

yea, im not seeing any spacer plate, so goin to say stock 350.

order a new oring kit aswell -- use some vaseline on the o-rings when u install. help keep them in place when u put the head back in , use a torque wrench when putting head back on .

as for jetting , id leave it for now.. being rich is better than leaning it out.... u could start backin the jetting down later. or ask NOSS ... what he thinks you jetting should be about.

sorry i couldnt upload pics.. it wouldnt let me for some reason .. glad u finally got them to work .. makes it easier to get some help

haha, yah, i said under the cylinders, which i don't see.....i do see vforce reeds and reed spacers. the spacers really aren't needed for stock carbs, though. unported, 20cc's are on the cusp of pump fuel, where 21's are completely safe sea level. on ported motors and higher elevations, you can go smaller, yet. you will have to calculate your compression ratio, by calculateing deck height, bore, crown, and distance from the deck to the top of the exhaust. you might even be able to run 19's. the top of your pistons should say either std, or have a number stamped on it.

haha, yah, i said under the cylinders, which i don't see.....i do see vforce reeds and reed spacers. the spacers really aren't needed for stock carbs, though. unported, 20cc's are on the cusp of pump fuel, where 21's are completely safe sea level. on ported motors and higher elevations, you can go smaller, yet. you will have to calculate your compression ratio, by calculateing deck height, bore, crown, and distance from the deck to the top of the exhaust. you might even be able to run 19's. the top of your pistons should say either std, or have a number stamped on it.

yea it is stamp with numbers here they are and in this order. top center of piston a stamp that reads 1964G, and than under it directly in the center of the piston the stamp reads 3439 and under this stamp reads 65, 42mm. if this helps any. do i need to take a picture the pistons.

65mm is your bore size (1mm over) and, i belive 42mm is the pin spacing.

so would 21cc domes do the trick or should i go with 22cc domes. i adusted the timing plate to +4 already, and ordered oring for the head just need a exact size for domes. Ive gotten three size replies 19, 21, 22 i just need the right size dont want to spend more than i have too. thanks guys.

so would 21cc domes do the trick or should i go with 22cc domes. i adusted the timing plate to +4 already, and ordered oring for the head just need a exact size for domes. Ive gotten three size replies 19, 21, 22 i just need the right size dont want to spend more than i have too. thanks guys.

Go with 21cc domes bro!