Will T5's be sufficient on this motor?

Valin

I am considering selling the T5's that I just purchased (haven't even run them yet) to pick up a set of Rocket Pipes. I'll keep the T5's if they will work well on this motor. If the rockets will work better, I'll run them. Here's the specs:

4mm Hotrods longrod stroker

stock ported jugs, boosters, triple exhaust ports

coolhead with 21's

v-force delta 3's

33mm Mikuni Flatslides on filters

What do you guys think?

I say you try and find some of the older Rockets. My T5's i ran, ran good on a similar motor that your building and i LOVED them. Then switched to Rockets and DAMN..way better. Some peeps hate rockets and some people love them. Well i love them as they were a great increse over the T5's i ran.

I say anyone wanting to run them on a stock port motor should look the otehr way and run to a diff pipe though. Just my 205876432cents.gif

Damn I wish I had some dyno graphs to go off of. It would be nice to see the T5's on the dyno, then just swap out the rockets to see the diff. There's a set posted on craiglist, and I've been in touch with the guy who'll let them go for $400 shipped...........and they look mint.

Ryan, i say run the T5's for a lil while to break it in and what not. Then get the feel for them Then buy them rockets on C-L and put them on (i had to go from 155's too 158's) on my carbs then you will see the diff for your self first hand man. :headbang: All i know is that my motor from jeff was way better after getting the T5's off and put the rockets on. I thought i would never run anything but T5's on my motor as it is now, but boy was i wrong. Im a believer. :cheers:

Ryan, i say run the T5's for a lil while to break it in and what not. Then get the feel for them Then buy them rockets on C-L and put them on (i had to go from 155's too 158's) on my carbs then you will see the diff for your self first hand man. :headbang: All i know is that my motor from jeff was way better after getting the T5's off and put the rockets on. I thought i would never run anything but T5's on my motor as it is now, but boy was i wrong. Im a believer. :cheers:

I won't have the motor finished for this season, so it's now or never.....