Need help with a tree shoot setup?

Sammy

• 1 month later...

Well on my stock motor 'Shee with T5's, pods and VF2's I ran stock gearing with 10 paddle Edge's. I like the setup and I can make it out of almost anything but the front end lifts too much in 2nd which results in occasionally getting stuck (in really gay spots to get out of). So I bumped the front sprocket up to a 15t and we'll see how she goes. But you say you don't have sand? So dirt treeshots? I would think you should be fine with whatever set up you have. So long as it's not too wide so you can fit between the trees.

-Dynoport ported stock cylinders 188 degree exhaust duration

-Pro Design Coolhead with 18cc domes (185psi comp)

-Dyna Ignition with custom programmed curve

-Stock reed cages with carbon tech mid tension reeds

-Dual 28mm Mikuni TM flatslide carbs with K&N Pods

-Shaved flywheel

-Cascade Clutch kit with the roller bearing ball end adjuster

-Dyna coil with NGK Plug Caps

-Stock Crank

-Wiseco Pistons (stock bore), squish setup at .043"

-Pro Circuit pipes with the standard silencers (ceramic coated)

-BR8ES spark Plugs

-110 octane sunoco with castor 927 at 40:1

-Stock intakes and stock boost bottle

-22x11x8 super light 10 paddle haulers on .125" thick douglas rims.

-13/46 gearing

-Cascade billet shifter

-front dual rib steer tires

-home made double footpegs

-swingarm (+6)

-stock axle, stock hubs, stock a-arms. Need to keep it skinny to fit between the trees.

For a good dirt type climbing tire, I would say realtors on some light rims. Its a very heavy tire though.

Well I got my setup together. Its in my sig. Gearing I went with 13/40, Tires I opted for the TSL/ATV its a 22x12.5, I mounted them on Douglas .125's . I'm currently running a g-force axle in the rear until I get an oem or warrior axle. I just took the little extension spacers off and flipped the wheel hubs to the outside so its about 2 inch narrower than stock right now. I really want to do a stock stroke aggressive trail/hill shoot port with some 28 or 30mm carbs over the next few months but for now I'm happy with it. The LRD's have a solid mid range punch with good top end pull so it gets a little front end happy about halfway out of most stuff.

Well I got my setup together. Its in my sig. Gearing I went with 13/40, Tires I opted for the TSL/ATV its a 22x12.5, I mounted them on Douglas .125's . I'm currently running a g-force axle in the rear until I get an oem or warrior axle. I just took the little extension spacers off and flipped the wheel hubs to the outside so its about 2 inch narrower than stock right now. I really want to do a stock stroke aggressive trail/hill shoot port with some 28 or 30mm carbs over the next few months but for now I'm happy with it. The LRD's have a solid mid range punch with good top end pull so it gets a little front end happy about halfway out of most stuff.

I'd do a 4mil short rod, low-end port job from a good builder. Herr Jugs, K&T, LC Performance, A&S, etc. 33mm PWK air strykers, vforce reeds, 175ish compression, and 4-7 degrees of timing. Keep stock width a-arms and axle, and a +4 to +6 swinger. Billet basket, and a new clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

BigRex350x's recommended set up sounds good to me, I might ad some Paul turner pipes for low/mid range power and some 22/11/8 tires to keep you out of the ruts for less chain skiping if you are in some deep sand/dirt/mud or what ever. Maybe 9 or 10 paddle depending on swing arm and gearing, you want a little wheel spin so you don't have to worry about the front coming up unless you want it to, thats my vision of a sweet tree shot machine