What mods does my shee need to keep up with 450's?

bansheedude1

I go riding pretty much every day of the week with friends. We hit jumps and ride in trails and dunes. My friends both have 450's. 1 trx 450r 1 yfz 450. They are both piped and jetted. But yeah My Banshee is a Bone stock 2006 model.

I am willing to put about 1000$ into it in mods, minor mods saying pipes, jetting air filter, sprockets, and maybe even porting if it isn't to expensive. Oh yeah, and the list of mods i put on my profile thingy are only the mods i want to get. but im am unsure.

Would the mods i listed be enough to keep up with the 450's? maybe even beat them?

That's a sweet budget for pipes, head, and porting. Porting has been by far the best mod I have done. The main reason why I did little things first was b/c of a low budget. I would do what I could afford. But if I had a G to drop right into it, porting would be my 1st choice if I could do it all over again. Get rid of those tors as well.

And yes, you will walk over the bolted on 450's.

Talk to a builder and tell them what you have to spend and what you want to accomplish. Pipes, timing plate and either a cool head with smaller domes or send your stock head out to be rechambered. Those mods will be a good start to whoopin the 450s. I would get those mods and wait till you have some more loot saved up to get a 4mil crank and port job a little later down the road.

Talk to a builder and tell them what you have to spend and what you want to accomplish. Pipes, timing plate and either a cool head with smaller domes or send your stock head out to be rechambered. Those mods will be a good start to whoopin the 450s. I would get those mods and wait till you have some more loot saved up to get a 4mil crank and port job a little later down the road.

Alright, i will definitely get pipes, air filters, and jetting. To get it ported do i just take it to the Yamaha shop to have them do it?

or do i have to find another shop.

One more question for yo guys, If i get pipes, jetting, airfilters, and sprockets and just stick with the bolt ons for a while. Will i at least stay with the 450's?

thanks in advance.=)

Pipes and a timing plate will really do wonders. An increase in compression will help with bottom end. I have a set of pipes I just listed a set of T5s in the for sale section if you looking for a good set of pipes for cheap. They are a mid to topend pipe and work well on stock motors as well as ported ones. As far as porting, you will need to take your topend off and send your jugs to a builder. Its not very hard, just buy yourself a clymers manual. Don't take your bike to yamaha for anything!

Yeah, talk to a builder, explain what you want and how much you have to spend. One recommended on here. Don't bother going to yama like BBC said.

You can do cheaper mods and be happy with it and beat 450's. But you have a great budget for building on. Porting is a huge step. That's just the first thing I personally would do if I had that budget.

Pipes $300, nice port to match pipes/style $300, decked head $50-$80, timing plate $40, tors remove kit $40, pancake bearing $50, FAST clutch $100, and pods $85 = Your budget and a nice sleeper that will kill. All easy stuff with a little mechanical skills, clymers and tools.

Depends on how modded they are. I had a set of pro circuts, k&n with my air box, running 280 main jets and a 15t front sprocket and I was beating 450s all day.

You don't have to spend to much money to beat your boys.

yeah i agree. my bud has a 2003 shee, its just piped with fmfs? i think. jetted and k&n filter. and it takes predators and honda 450s every time.

Yes, do not take it to the dealer! I just saw a thread on here this a.m. that a guy took his bike to a dealer and they "cleaned and tuned" the carbs, it still wasn't running when he got it back. I agree with everyone above. Pipes, porting, compression, and timing. You may also want a fresh clutch while you're at it. The builders on this site are pretty good reputable guys, and will give you help on the phone etc about tuning it and straightening out any problems you have, and they know Banshee's inside and out as opposed to a local shade tree or home porting guy. The only thing is with the porting, if you want to do a 4mil later, you'll need new jugs, from what I've been told. Just increase your budget and do it now. You can't go wrong with pipes and porting though, it will really wake up your bike, you'll be very happy.

As mention before Porting is always the best route to go. Im saving up to get a nice port job. With my shee i have hardly any mods, just pipes K&N filter timing plate and a really good tuned carb im able to walk all over the LTR 450 with a slip on K&N and a cherry bomb. Another inportant factor is having good agressive tires for them trails because if you get all that power and no traction to place it to the ground your shee will just sit there on full throttle and go no where. Good luck woth your build but porting is what you should look into bro.

As mention before Porting is always the best route to go. Im saving up to get a nice port job. With my shee i have hardly any mods, just pipes K&N filter timing plate and a really good tuned carb im able to walk all over the LTR 450 with a slip on K&N and a cherry bomb. Another inportant factor is having good agressive tires for them trails because if you get all that power and no traction to place it to the ground your shee will just sit there on full throttle and go no where. Good luck woth your build but porting is what you should look into bro.

Alright thank you all. I will definitely find a builder i get a good port job.

Pipes and Porting are your 2 biggest HP gains. If your dead set on getting a port job soon, I wouldn't buy pipes until you talk to the guy that is going to be porting the cylinders. He knows what pipes work the best with his port jobs. That way you will have the best setup possible.

Jeff at Fast is a good guy to deal with. I have a dune ported 4 mill with CPI pipes, and 33mm Keihin PWK carbs. It hauls the mail. Most builders are back logged with work and a 1-2 month wait isn't out of the ordinary. It is defiantly worth the wait.

www.farmandsandtoys.com