motor

jerseyrider

I need help, my cyclinders need to be honed and probably ported. I also want to add a 4mil stroker with 795 series pistons. so im looking to send the motor out , my mechanic will be putting the motor back together ,he just told me i NEED TO CHOOSE A BUILDER to send my motor out to?? Fast,herrs juggs, passion,etc Best turn around time? And is there anything else i should know about dropping in a 4mil w/ new pistons ? Thanks

I've heard all great things from those builders you have listed. I just had my jugs ported by Kevin at HJR, his customer service and turn around times are second to none. When I was calling around, I felt he took the most time to talk with me, while IMO with some of the others I felt like they were rushing me.

Good luck with whatever direction you go.

I have a FAST Dune Ported 4 mill running CPI's and PWK33's. It flat out rips. Jeff is a really nice guy to deal with. Give him a call. He will taylor the port job to your riding style and weight. Yes rider weight is important. Bigger (240)guys like me like a little more torque out of the hole, compaired to a guy that weights a a buck fifty.

Give him a call and talk.

www.farmandsandtoys.com

One more thing. Check the squish before you fire it up. You bend a piece of solder in to an L shape. Stick it in through the spark plug hole. You want to go parallel with the wrist pins.You should be able to feel the end of the solder touching the cylinder wall. Then roll the engine over by hand. Take the solder out and measure the thickness. You want to shoot for 0.040 or so.