Lifetime of V force 2 Reeds

I have a big trip coming up and I have a set of VF2 reeds that have been on my bike since 04. Im going to check them out to see if there are any cracks or a big gap. I was wondering how many hours you guy have on yours and how long you can expect to get. I checked them last year and they still looked good and my quad runs great. Replacements are around 110 for 2 sets so I really dont want to spend for any unless I need too. Thanks.

im not sure on the life of them.. i think that they could probably go at any time, just like a banshee motor.. you just never know. the set ive had in my 10mm cub banshee have been in there for at least 3 years, maybe longer. and i run the shit out of this thing. no issues yet. i do keep a set of reeds on hand though, just in case.

I agree with loco, a motor could backfire at anytime and destroy the petals. Good to have a spare set on hand just in case. I have several seasons on my V2s but always carry a spare set. Had a motor backfire once on a set only a few rides old and shattered all the petals on one side. Shit happens.

SP

they last quite awhile as do any carbon fiber reed, but there are always variables. if your concerned take 15 min to pull em out an check em. there is no concrete answer to how long anything will last on a banshee.

Yea Im going to check. The reason I ask is I have a big trip coming up and. If they look good I want to keep them but just worried they may go out.