Did some work on the old Cummins

Dinner

I'm probably going to go back and build a bracket once I have all the plumbing done. That way if need be I can at least get back and forth from work! :rotflmao:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100_0839.jpg

One cold pipe done! Dropped off my other pipe and exhaust downpipe to the same friend that welded this one. So should have it drive-able tonight, do some testing, check for leaks, etc, etc. Hoping to get some more air line for my gauges, so hopefully I'll have those installed this weekend as well so that I can see my readings of each turbo and adjust my wastegate :headbang:

I'm not too concerned about looks to be honest, as long as it functions that's all I care about! :rotflmao:

Yeah I got this BHT3B for real cheap, so I couldn't pass it up! And for my trucks use twins is better than a large single anyways. So far it is running good, A LOT quieter in the cab, but I also put the exhaust back to stock location...just 5" all the way back. I haven't had much time to fiddle with my secondary's wastegate though, weather has been too crummy and I've been helping a friend get their planter ready to go for the season. I can make retarded amounts of boost with the fueling I have, but I don't need 100+ pounds :rotflmao: It does run a lot smoother I think though with the twins, and it pulls a lot stronger with less boost compared to my smaller single. So for EGT's are down a good amount but then again I haven't had the chance to floor it, etc since I'm still adjusting the wastegate. I also need to upgrade my stock boots, I already had one blow off on me <_<

Craig, shoot some video! I wanna hear them turbos spool up..

haha damnit, I should have taken a video when i only had the downpipe on...holy hell was the whistle loud! They still whistle some, but I have full exhaust on it. I'll try to get some video if the weather clears up this weekend :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Well so far the weather is still 100000 mm of rain and then snow, then rain and snow. Our roads are complete shit, so I can't really do anymore testing! This week it's suppose to warm up to around 10 degrees celcius so I'll see what I can do. It's funny driving through a town/city and putting my passenger side window down...holy fack do these things whistle. :headbang:

Here's a new pic of my interior:

IMAG0030.jpg