Banshee gearing

Michael66

My shee is geared 15-40, is that why I have a weak bottom end?? I also have a 41 rear sproket, that should help the bottom end. The front is welded on from the prev. idiot owner. Havent really heard people talk about gears on here. I need input. What are stock gears??

What type of riding do you do? That 15t front is tall, and that is not helping you out of the hole. You should be able to grind/cut that weld off. You can't expect that sprocket to hold up to the life of the bike, anyway. Go back to a 14t, or a 13t if you ride in tight trails. This will make it much more fun to ride. If not, get a huge rear sprocket.

depending on the years, the newer banshees had 14/41 stock gearing. what is it that youre trying to accomplish? your gears have nothing to do with your bottom end.

If gears don't affect bottom end, then i guess you start out in 6th gear all the time. I have a set of 14-41 gears also. What would be the best tight trail gear?? 13-41 or are you saying put a 13 with my 40 rear?? It feels like I start in 2nd gear all the time now heavy throttle to get going or it boggs. I have no reason to go 80mph.

the 15-40 is like all high speed gearing. stock gearing is 14-41. 14-41 is actually almost dead perfect. if you want it even lower just toss a 13 on the front and see how you like it. no one gear combo is gonna be the best. and i think loco is talking about the low rpm power of your engine.