Shearer pipes ( inframes )

MRMOONEY

Can anyone tell me how to identify if I have big bore or small bore shearer inframes? I've heard on the CPI the stinger tube was bigger is this the same deal on these pipes? I don't have a picture so if someone knows the specs I can measure mine. Also how much power am I giving up running the big bore ( assuming that's what I got ) over the small bores on a ported 350? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me how to identify if I have big bore or small bore shearer inframes? I've heard on the CPI the stinger tube was bigger is this the same deal on these pipes? I don't have a picture so if someone knows the specs I can measure mine. Also how much power am I giving up running the big bore ( assuming that's what I got ) over the small bores on a ported 350? Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

The size of the pipe right after the flange that slides onto the jug will determine BB or SB. The SB pipes have a "step down" to a smaller size than the flange while the BB pipes do not. The BB pipes also have a little bend right after the flange and have a smoother radius up into the expansion chamber. I am pretty sure the stinger tubes are larger on the BB pipes aswell.

Small Bore Shearers

SB.jpg

Big Bore Shearers

BB.jpg

The size of the pipe right after the flange that slides onto the jug will determine BB or SB. The SB pipes have a "step down" to a smaller size than the flange while the BB pipes do not. The BB pipes also have a little bend right after the flange and have a smoother radius up into the expansion chamber. I am pretty sure the stinger tubes are larger on the BB pipes aswell.

Small Bore Shearers

SB.jpg

Big Bore Shearers

BB.jpg

Okay thanks man, looks like mine are the big bore by the pic and what you said. My question until I can get some small bores ( got a killer deal on these big bores ) will I be better off running the fmf fattys I got or these big bores? Stock stroke bored 20 over timing +4 ported ( dune port ) v force reeds cool head I ride in the dunes. Eventually I would like to go with a cub setup maybe 421 ish but that's going to be a while. Would the shearer big bores run better then the fattys?

I have not used FMF Fattys nor have I used the BB Shearer pipes but I do currently use the SB Shearers and I would not prefer any other pipe. I would personally go with the Shearers over the Fattys hands down seeing as how you said you ride dunes which means you are mostly using the upper portion of your rpm range. If you were riding in tight trails or MX then the Fattys would probably be a better choice but for your style of riding, Shearers all the way. I can't see the BB Shearers on your engine being worse at all in the top end, just the bottom end due to larger diameter pipe and stingers.

Shearer big bore inframe pipes are rare...and expensive. I don't know if they're even made anymore...

Obviously, small bore would be better for your application.

It depends on how aggressive your porting is before we can tell you if the BB will work or hurt power much.

im not sure of the porting specs i bought these cylinders from a member on here and have not actually ran them yet. At what point if any do the big bores out perform the small bores? what i mean is how big of motor. I am just trying to get an idea of if they will run better then the FMF fattys or should i try and sell these and buy some small bores?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im not sure of the porting specs i bought these cylinders from a member on here and have not actually ran them yet. At what point if any do the big bores out perform the small bores? what i mean is how big of motor. I am just trying to get an idea of if they will run better then the FMF fattys or should i try and sell these and buy some small bores?

7Mill cub and bigger run bb anything less small sheer

• 2 years later...