still king of drag?

2K1Banshee350

That bike is built right. 787, carb, override, no nitrous. He's ran in the 3.8's on that bike, I believe it was at Little Sandy?

Like as stated before, it's just a matter of time until the 4-stroke quads start running sub-3.6's. EHS Racing has a Raptor motor running in the mid 3's.

I've been amazed at what my little 75hp Raptor can run against. TQ wins races...

Yah I would agree it's built right, I dont know if he ran 3.8's on it or not I didnt ask him what his best times were. The owner of the bike Brett, was very nice and seemed like a good guy. I am not really a 4 stroke fan but I have to be honest that bike impressed me for sure, it's a 60fting mofo for sure. That video was from Busco Beach and we were racing in the 4.0 index class, and from what I can tell the track was slow, so I wouldnt doubt it if he has run 3.8's. The jockey is one hell of a rider and his reaction times were great.

4 strokes are getting faster and faster...but pound for pound, dollar for dollar and cc for cc, I don't know if they ever compare to a 2 stroke.

A well built and tuned 2 stroke with less than 500cc can run 3.8 and faster without boost, nitro/nitrous or additives. Just methanol.

You'll need help and cc's to get a 4 stroke to do the same.

I'm not knocking 4 strokes...they've come a long ways. But with all the moving parts, weight and complexity of the motors...it's going to be a long time, if ever to match $ for $, lb for lb and cc for cc.

TQ wins races, but so does weight...and 2 strokes are a clear winner there.

I have seen a guy on a yfz run low-mid 4's. Have no idea what he had done to it but it was enough to impress me, I agree 4-strokes have came along way but as you guys say there gunna have to do quite a bit more to compete with the light weight and tunability of the 2-strokes. That outlander is pretty badass tho I will say.

I have seen a guy on a yfz run low-mid 4's. Have no idea what he had done to it but it was enough to impress me, I agree 4-strokes have came along way but as you guys say there gunna have to do quite a bit more to compete with the light weight and tunability of the 2-strokes. That outlander is pretty badass tho I will say.

My turbo 450 stock bore/stock stroke ran a bunch of 4.40s, next year I'm hoping to get it into the .20s

my wife's stock bore/ stroke 350cc banshee with full weight frame, steel axle, +2 a-arms and fully sprung shocks ran a 4.5 on a sand/ dirt track. witha 290lb rider..

id like to see a well built turbo modern direct injection 2 stroke snomo motor in a drag chassis....

• 2 months later...

my wife's stock bore/ stroke 350cc banshee with full weight frame, steel axle, +2 a-arms and fully sprung shocks ran a 4.5 on a sand/ dirt track. witha 290lb rider..

id like to see a well built turbo modern direct injection 2 stroke snomo motor in a drag chassis....

my bike is the same setup but with stock a arms and a 130 lb rider (im a horrible rider) and mine runs 4.8s with dune porting!

Yah I would agree it's built right, I dont know if he ran 3.8's on it or not I didnt ask him what his best times were. The owner of the bike Brett, was very nice and seemed like a good guy. I am not really a 4 stroke fan but I have to be honest that bike impressed me for sure, it's a 60fting mofo for sure. That video was from Busco Beach and we were racing in the 4.0 index class, and from what I can tell the track was slow, so I wouldnt doubt it if he has run 3.8's. The jockey is one hell of a rider and his reaction times were great.

You beat me to it. Sorry I should have read the thread!