E85

Havok248

Ive heard of a few people that did fuel injection on their shee's and they run them on E85.. Can this be odne with carbs and cant E85 be used like a high octane fuel? this seems like such a cool concept to me

bump your jetting up 35% and go for it. Make sure you use a good castor oil to mix with.

uuuuhhhhh.....Your main affects all fuel circuits.. But you have to go up roughly 35% to use E85. This means up on the main, up on the pilot and probably move your needle up too. Worth a try. It won't blow up if you don't beat it until your on the rich side and can finally do a plug chop.

I'm just curious what he is using for FI control and whatnot. Also would love to see his VE map. (volumetric efficiency) Which is how most FI systems determine fuel amounts.

Edited by TurboBanshee420

uuuuhhhhh.....Your main affects all fuel circuits.. But you have to go up roughly 35% to use E85. This means up on the main, up on the pilot and probably move your needle up too. Worth a try. It won't blow up if you don't beat it until your on the rich side and can finally do a plug chop.

I'm just curious what he is using for FI control and whatnot. Also would love to see his VE map. (volumetric efficiency) Which is how most FI systems determine fuel amounts.

I'm going to be efi on my shee this winter. I put up a teaser pic of the throttle bodies a while ago but I don't think anyone put it all together. I'm going to be using 04 R6 throttle bodies with a Microsquirt running it all. I'll post up pics/.msq files/whatever anyone asks to see smile.gif.

I'm going to be efi on my shee this winter. I put up a teaser pic of the throttle bodies a while ago but I don't think anyone put it all together. I'm going to be using 04 R6 throttle bodies with a Microsquirt running it all. I'll post up pics/.msq files/whatever anyone asks to see smile.gif.

Thats awesome! I hope it goes smoothly and cant wait to see the finished product

I don't believe you NEED to turn it into a square wave, since I didn't and it worked great....but it would be a good idea to put a clean signal in....because i had interferance issues with the MAF signal wire from the VR sensor wire. I ended up using an RF shielded wire on all three (both VR wires +/- and the MAF signal input wire) to get rid of it. I also utilized the "dave cap" to suppress the EMP soaking I was getting off the 50,000v spark I had going on.(accel HE ign coil)

I don't believe you NEED to turn it into a square wave, since I didn't and it worked great....but it would be a good idea to put a clean signal in....because i had interferance issues with the MAF signal wire from the VR sensor wire. I ended up using an RF shielded wire on all three (both VR wires +/- and the MAF signal input wire) to get rid of it. I also utilized the "dave cap" to suppress the EMP soaking I was getting off the 50,000v spark I had going on.(accel HE ign coil)

I know you don't NEED to make the signal digital, but digital components are generally much happier with digital signals smile.gif. And in this instance it only costs ~$10 so why not. I'm just going to be running mine on speed density tuning without a maf. Keeping it simple and clean. I'm just going to get it running on fuel first and get it dialed in. Then, it's time for a high volt coil and timing control. When I get really bored one day, I'll hook up a flex fuel sensor so I can pour either e85 or 93 in the tank biggrin.gif. Gotta love microsquirt.

All sounds good, but I'd stay with the cdi unless you want to push start your bike. Squirt will not fire on anything less than 50rpm's for 3 revolutions....what i'm saying is....you will never be able to kick start your bike again. Been there...done that.

Stay with the CDI IGN......Do not do direct coil control unless you have plans to put e-start on the shee.

MAF is not needed. I only used it for the turbo to keep track of the huge volumes of air I was pushing in. Make sure you stay away from this too. You will get a headache unless your a very smart engineer with programming experience. I promise you!