300ft dirt drag (set up ?)

DannysZ28

We have been doing some 300ft drags here lately but dont have a timing device. I was running a 16-41 gearing and i thought it was to high. I tried 15-41 but it seems to turn up to quick and shifting to quick. I havent timed it but it seems to run better with 16-41 against people i have raced. With the 16-41 it seems to let me pull the gear longer and actually leaves the line better. I am running some 20" new duro hook-ups for tires and they do pretty good. Do you have any suggestions to make it run better as in how it is set up.

It is a 4 mil motor light porting, 30mm carbs +4 timing, Cpi inframe sand 165lb compression. Right now it is lowered with a lowering kit front and back and i can leave the line really good with it

pro wedges are lighter and hook better and are a 10th faster in some cases......

20 inch tires on dirt are a waste of time......i can take a bone stock banshee with wedges and strap the suspension down solid and run 5.50's through 300ft dirt......

with toomey pipes and clamp on filters without shocks and the same setup is 5.0's 4.99's..i have found best that stock bikes run better with a 16/41 and launch in 1st

with your bike you need wedges...strap the shocks down until the bikes solid 16/41 gearing..launch in 1st..+7 timing on race gas and if you can shift good enough set on the tank and run 4.70's easy

also your timing should be on 7....make a world of difference

i had a play ported 4 mill on race gas with timing on 7 grr pipes...stock frame strutted with wheelie bar and ran a couple 4.39's

matt

Edited by quadgod211