Problem starting it... Electrical issues HELP!

Stack

Well heres the deal...

Did a full teardown and rebuild and everything went smoothly... got her all back together, cleaned the carbs, and back in the frame...

Fired her up and she was just purring and revving spectacularly! Then I noticed the TORS on the carb was rattling off the exhaust on the left side...

I move it and its much looser than the other side... As soon as I touch it it cuts out when I rev it! I'm like WTF! I get her started again and same thing... no revs...

Then I cant get her started again... traced it to no spark on either cylinder... another WTF?!?!?!

I unplug the TORS brain and can't get it to spark... so can it still be the TORS???

Havent tested the coils or the stator but the p/u coil and stator are a brand new one from Ricky Stator so I dont think its that...

Can the ignition coil and/or the CDI just go out like that????

I gotta get a Mulitmeter on it so I can test everything again but I was exhausted today...

WTF... I'm lost! Any tips/tricks/advice?

Am I missing something simple???

Well heres the deal...

Did a full teardown and rebuild and everything went smoothly... got her all back together, cleaned the carbs, and back in the frame...

Fired her up and she was just purring and revving spectacularly! Then I noticed the TORS on the carb was rattling off the exhaust on the left side...

I move it and its much looser than the other side... As soon as I touch it it cuts out when I rev it! I'm like WTF! I get her started again and same thing... no revs...

Then I cant get her started again... traced it to no spark on either cylinder... another WTF?!?!?!

I unplug the TORS brain and can't get it to spark... so can it still be the TORS???

Havent tested the coils or the stator but the p/u coil and stator are a brand new one from Ricky Stator so I dont think its that...

I gotta get a Mulitmeter on it so I can test everything again but I was exhausted today...

when u say tors brain do u mean the little silver box with the blue wire if so thats the one to unplug. make sure none of your wire harnes isnt melted and exposed any were and check every connection. i really doubt your coil or cdi or stator went out just like that.

Well heres the deal...

Can the ignition coil and/or the CDI just go out like that?

Save yourself some trouble and get rid of the tors all together.

when u say tors brain do u mean the little silver box with the blue wire if so thats the one to unplug. make sure none of your wire harnes isnt melted and exposed any were and check every connection. i really doubt your coil or cdi or stator went out just like that.

I tried unplugging the system to see if it was that. Being that I unplugged the TORS Box under teh left side of the tank, each TORS box on the carbs and the Throttle switch! Still nothing!!!

I need to go over it with a fine tooth comb and the multimeter...

The Stator and pickup coil are NEW!

Save yourself some trouble and get rid of the tors all together.

I know, its ordered but I wanted to get this stupid thing running and broken in before that!!!

Well heres the deal...

You said you have a Ricky Stator stator, if you do some research on here, you will see that alot of people think their stators are junk. Some guys have had bad ones right out of the box. Most people recomend staying with OEM. As far as the TORS goes, just unplug everything: both carbs, the thumb throttle, and the little box under the left front corner of the gas tank. Check to make sure there are no melted wires by the pipes, check the resistances in your stator and coil, see if you can borrow a stator,CDI, and coil.

ok, for starters, the blue wire goes to the voltage regulator (silver box) and you'll blow bulbs without it. all you need to do to disable the tors is unplug the little black box under the tank and it's completely disconnected from the whole system. removing all the related wires just cleans it up nicely.

ok, test, starting @ the cdi plug by the brake light. with the key on, and killswitch in on, you should get continuilty between ground (black wire and frame/engine) and the red/black wire. no continuity with the ground and black/white wire. (kill wire) next, test the red to green and red/wite to green/white. you should get about 100 ohms, and like 16-20 ohms. i don't have my notes with me right now. then, check your pickup gap. should be .016-.020", or buisness card thickness. as stated, check for melted wires, especially by the airbox, and bad grounds. you did have a tors problem originally...

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was something simple for once!

The flywheel nut was backing out and the keyway came loose!

Got that all sorted out and it started on the first kick and run s like a champ...

Other problems developed but thats for a different thread!

Thanks guys!