Getting my shee to run

2SLO

I dont have the slightest clue where to start! haha. i bought this banshee in a box, did a top end rebuild, put it all together, and i can only get it to start by spraying brake cleaner in the carbs, and if i dont keep in the throttle to keep it running, it just dies. stupid carbs! theyre clean as can be.. im just used to a laptop!

Make sure the float bowls arnt swopd? If u take them off ul c the 1 has a jet in that the other 1 dsnt. . .the one with the jet goes on the left carb with the choke. Then make sure ur slides are in the rite way. . .the cutouts go towards the air filter. Check that ur reeds arnt broken? Do u hav consistant spark? Take both plugs out then put 1 plug in its cap and earth the plug on a head bolt. . Kick the kickstart and check 4 spark. . It should be a purple blue colour. Make sure u geting petrol? Open the screws at the botom of the floats to check if petrol runs out. . .let us know?

• 3 weeks later...

alright. i put the choke tube on there, no luck. still needs brake clean to start, then while its running, if i spray shots of brake cleaner into the left carb, it stays at its normal idle and kees running, but if i spray it in the RIGHT carb, it idles up like crazy! the left pipe gets way hotter way faster than the right pipe. any ideas?

alright, i cleaned the shit out of the carbs and put 27.5's and 290's in because of the procircuit pipes. now, the RIGHT side pipe gets warm, pings, and smokes its ass off (super rich i think) and the LEFT side never gets warm at ALL and dosent smoke untill you rev the pissout of it! GRRR this is starting to get old.. tomorrow ill put the stock pilots in, and see what it does. any idea on the one side smoking and one side not???

alright, i cleaned the shit out of the carbs and put 27.5's and 290's in because of the procircuit pipes. now, the RIGHT side pipe gets warm, pings, and smokes its ass off (super rich i think) and the LEFT side never gets warm at ALL and dosent smoke untill you rev the pissout of it! GRRR this is starting to get old.. tomorrow ill put the stock pilots in, and see what it does. any idea on the one side smoking and one side not???

I had te same problem. Put two new to me used carbs from e bay now mine purrs like a kitten at idle. Look at your throttle cable and make sure it is in it's keepers at the y. I put some quiksteel on mine to hold them in there. Think that was 1/2 my problem pulling the carbs out of sync. I am new to banshees too and my first one was also a rebuild. The one thing i learned is the carbs have to be the exact F*in same or it wont run worth a shit.